Active Topics

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
That's like picking a car based on the stereo in it...
When I originally got my N900, it could offer a combination of things that few other phones could at that time.

Since then, smartphones have fully entered the mainstream, lots of stuff has developed massively (Android for example) and for me, many phones can now offer the things I want.

So, it's likely to come down to the one feature that a) is of significant interest to me and b) the quality of which varies substantially from phone to phone. And that is the camera.

Although, I do also like having a hardware keyboard and resistive/stylus optimised screen so these things could also come into play.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by msa View Post
i got myself a nexus s a few days ago. its not expensive anymore and android 4.0 is available for it.
the nexus s is (by miles) inferior to the N900.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
I have a Galaxy Nexus and the only thing I miss from my N900 is the FM Transmitter

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by LordVan View Post
... maybe get a battery off ebay (but who knows how long those last ..) ...
Don't worry too much and go by that road, but first remember to have a look at excellent dr_frost_dk's battery thread

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
I've already got myself N9...

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
You need one of these!

ok just why did you link me the pink one? I see what you are getting at though ... although as I said the Galaxy note has pressure sensitivity .. I'm probably gonna poke at a friends Note at some point -- definitely before I buy one .. but first trying out some battery hacks I found on here or maybe buy another one .. -- one other issue is that sometimes I can'T take calls since the phone switches to the telephone app too slowly (that might've been solved with the speedpatch though still testing)

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
Don't worry too much and go by that road, but first remember to have a look at excellent dr_frost_dk's battery thread
Thanks I will check it out but probably later as it seems this is quite the lengthy procedure

Most likely SGT 7.7
CMIIW, Battery technology seems to have a hard time keeping up with the phone processors, so the next logical option is to get a bigger device which will allow more room for battery..

Sure you will lose a bit of portability, but it's worth it IMO

I'm not sure how quad core phones will manage the battery life,
Wouldn't it be like N900 where power and battery consumption is not properly balanced?

I'm allll about the N9. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it at first, but I've been hands-on with it for two weeks now and I'm very happy with it post n900. Best phone ever.

Im kinda liking the specs on the samsung captivate glide. I wish it was possible to put maemo on it.