Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
This is utter crap next to the HTC TiTAN (II has 16MP camera, larger battery and LTE).
But same 800 x 480 display. At 4.7 inches, that's a HORRIBLE pixel density.

Wait till you try to personalize your ringtones and discover that you can't use your own MP3 files, you have to buy them from Microsoft's app store.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
But same 800 x 480 display. At 4.7 inches, that's a HORRIBLE pixel density.
Not true. If you want to compare the pixel density, chap you need to compare them side-by-side.

I've heard of great reviews of its screen, the brightness, size, viewing angles and colours are top-notch. And people barely notice any pixels unless they shove their face into it.

Besides, the N-900 has the same resolution :\

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Wait till you try to personalize your ringtones and discover that you can't use your own MP3 files, you have to buy them from Microsoft's app store.
Actually, quite wrong. I already have a WP7 phone. As long as the mp3 is less than (say) 1mb and less than 39 seconds, it can be a ringtone.

It's how I got the horrific tune on my WP7 device. Here's proof. Just a sync, nothing else needed.

Not true. If you want to compare the pixel density, chap you need to compare them side-by-side.

I've heard of great reviews of its screen, the brightness, size, viewing angles and colours are top-notch. And people barely notice any pixels unless they shove their face into it.

Besides, the N-900 has the same resolution :\
All WP7 phones have the same resolution basically. By pixel density, take the size of the screen, the resolution of the screen and you can derive the pixel density from that.

So a 3.7 inch screen at qHD (960x540) has a much higher pixel density and lower pixel size, thus higher perceived clarity and smaller pixels than say a 4.7 inch screen at 800x480.

Formula is located here...

But, it does seem that the N900 does have RGB striped AMOLED clear black display. Think Super AMOLED like on the SGSII.

That's friggin' awesome news.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
I thought no one was interested in a windows phone on TMO. I was wrong there are few of you.

If they atleast change that windows logo acolor schemes I might consider it,windows at work and home laptop plus mobile, sounds boring

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
@TMavica:
Can you please add "Lumia" to the thread title so that still dozing N900 users don't get heart attacks - either from the excitement of reading a thread title that might imply a hardware upgrade of their beloved N900 or from the disappointment when finally waking up and realizing that it's just another Windows phone?
Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
All WP7 phones have the same resolution basically. By pixel density, take the size of the screen, the resolution of the screen and you can derive the pixel density from that.

So a 3.7 inch screen at qHD (960x540) has a much higher pixel density and lower pixel size, thus higher perceived clarity and smaller pixels than say a 4.7 inch screen at 800x480.

Formula is located here...

But, it does seem that the N900 does have RGB striped AMOLED clear black display. Think Super AMOLED like on the SGSII.

That's friggin' awesome news.
I know what you are saying, but couldn't communicate my point precisely:
No-one should be complaining about low pixel density on the TiTan until they have experienced the phone in person.

Numbers/specs help clarify some things but at one point, you just have to experience things first-hand

I know what you are saying, but couldn't communicate my point precisely:
No-one should be complaining about low pixel density on the TiTan until they have experienced the phone in person.

Numbers/specs help clarify some things but at one point, you just have to experience things first-hand
I have experience with the Titan, but not the Titan II. Pixels the size of cats.

It's a good display, but not something I'd treasure over say the N9's display in terms of readability and clarity.

800x480 on an almost 5 inch screen is... well, in this day and age not acceptable. The need to remove that restriction for WP7.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post: