Active Topics

Notices

Just installed the update and the new version is really awesome *_*
Great work !
Just one thing: the application does not find the video files downloaded with cutetube although the correct folder is selected in the settings.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
nvr mind i found thumbnails and moved them

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
And you think a poll on TMO is a true representation of real world usage?
you do realize what cssu is, it is fixes to bugs that if nokia was still supporting the phone they would implement not just added desktops and portrait mode. have you ever downloaded anything from ovi? did you notice that most progams say you may need to download a mameo update in order to use this program ie pr 1.3? That is what cssu is(kinda like pr 1.4), dont expect devs to work around bugs that were fixed. I could see your point if there wasnt a stable release but that is not the case.

@nokiarocks there are 2 cutetube folders now are you sure you have the right one? the update defaults to cuteTube the old one points to .cutetube

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Help Help Help....!!!
Just updated this application to Version 1.2.0 and the application is not running in my n900 anymore. After installing the update i rebooted my phone and started Cutetube but it isnt opening as before but instead showing a dim screen, I've waited for some moment thinking the application is loading as I've updated but its not showing up even after 10 mins.
I am a Noobie guys so pliz pliz help me out if You have any solution for my problem........also Cutetube is the only reason for what I'm still sticking with the N900.
Thanking you in advance .

the new version is very sexy

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, CSSU stable is really rock stable and is very easy to be installed. We(developers) just cannot keep all the Qt software backward compatible with Qt 4.7.0 in PR 1.3 (and its bugs) forever for the sake of nothing. Instead of keeping qmltube compatible with unmaintained and buggy Qt version, isn't it better to just warn your users that they should install CSSU? Or do a runtime check for QT version and disable unsupported functionality?

Only a proposal, of course.

BTW great work man, qmltube is the software I admire most of all the things in repos (even if I use it rarely)
I agree about CSSU stable quality, but nevertheless I am not comfortable with the idea of making an application dependent upon it, at least not when the functionality concerned is trivial, but I am sure there will be cases in future where there will be no option but to depend on more recent Qt libraries (and therefore CSSU).

I much prefer the idea of a runtime check, though in this case I don't think it's necessary. I moved the batteryindicator stuff to QSystemDeviceInfo, so it should hopefully be OK for the next update. If not, I'll use the runtime check that I have now implemented just in case.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Version 1.2.1 should be in extras-devel soon.

Changelog:

* Fixed error in resuming saved downloads after restarting the application.
* Fixed error in signing out of YouTube accounts.
* Battery indicator now uses QSystemDeviceInfo to avoid problems with older Qt libraries.
* Added additional colour options to theme.
* Added option to filter YouTube video searches by video duration.
* Added integrated XTube features (enable via config file).

My website

GitHub

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2011 @ rio de janeiro, brazil
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Version 1.2.1 should be in extras-devel soon.

Changelog:

* Fixed error in resuming saved downloads after restarting the application.
* Fixed error in signing out of YouTube accounts.
* Battery indicator now uses QSystemDeviceInfo to avoid problems with older Qt libraries.
* Added additional colour options to theme.
* Added option to filter YouTube video searches by video duration.
* Added integrated XTube features (enable via config file).
Sorry, pal. V. 1.2.1 and still black screen crash on startup. And I disabled extras-devel (not "maemo extras-devel") and the version available for installation was 1.2.1... not the roll back.
EDIT: I disabled maemo extras-devel too and could roll back to v. 1.1.1, which, BTW, is a pretty good and solid piece of software. I'm happy again...until an effective update (no rush).

Last edited by brunops1; 2012-01-09 at 02:54. Reason: adding info

Same here I'm afraid Marxian. Black screen on launch.

Hi,
I upgrade to 1.2.1.
I have issue, why I can't see my download file in Archive.
I change my setting->Media/Content->Archive folder to /home/user/MyDoc/...
After I download file finish, I check the file in the folder. But I can't see it in Archive.
So this issue, anyone can help?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Same here still no go with 1.2.1.

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube