So I decided to finally update my firmware from the NokiaUSA site, and it gave me the 2008 OS, so now it's the same as on my N810. But now it won't go as dark as it used to, I guess because on the 810 you have the light sensor. So now when I look at it in the middle of the night, it's kinda bright.

Any fixes?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
fanoush has a patched kernel that works with a script to change the brightness levels. I don't know if he has a patched version of the latest kernel, but there's a thread around here somewhere that'll fill you in on the details. I'm on my N800 right now, so I wont search it for you, but "brightness", "OS2008", and "blset" will be useful keywords.

There's also a bug on bugzilla that everyone needs to vote on to get us a fix from Nokia.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Here is the thread
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=11958
Please post further replies there.

Sadly there is no real kernel source release for latest firmware yet. We only have buggy and outdated kernel source.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i myself prefer the screen at max brightness all the time , i would love for someone to write a script or something to disable auto dimming on the 810

Why would nokia even mess with the brightness settings. They were fine in OS2007.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
There's moreDimmingOptions Even though it's officially for OS2007, it does well work on my N810 OS2008