Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Release of SMSCON Editor 0.9.9-1 in extras-devel

Changelog:

NEW: Added in the test window a stop button for the Reverse SSH Connection.
NEW: Added more explanation/info boxes.
FIX: On closing the application the daemon is restarted only if it was running. Otherwise it leaves it off.
FIX: On the Initialise window the Init button was freezing the application instead of closing.
CHANGE: Several UI modifications.
CHANGE: Dependency to SMSCON was raised to 0.9.9-1 or higher.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this shower of updates, and have a nice new year (and skiing yablacky )! Can't wait to test them.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Hi,
perhaps a stupid question but...:
I was trying to set up my SMSCon and I am having problem with the email setting because when I do the test the phone does not send any email, cause I have not received any from the phone, so I guess my email setting is wrong. My question: what is the emailserver is to be put? Is it incoming (Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com, mail server port: 995) or outgoing ( Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com, port 587).I tried both of them but with no luck.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
M

Definitely outgoing one. I'm using it with gmail, and it works flawlessly. Get sure that there are no typos, and if hotmail haven't changed ports.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by miroslav_s View Post
Hi,
perhaps a stupid question but...:
I was trying to set up my SMSCon and I am having problem with the email setting because when I do the test the phone does not send any email, cause I have not received any from the phone, so I guess my email setting is wrong. My question: what is the emailserver is to be put? Is it incoming (Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com, mail server port: 995) or outgoing ( Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com, port 587).I tried both of them but with no luck.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
M
It's outgoing but noone has reported working for him with something other than gmail.

Please let us know what settings you have used if successful or the messages in the log.

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Happy New Year to all!!!

Basically I hated the previous ui changes and the white boxes. So here is a release to fix all that..

Release of SMSCON Editor 0.9.10-1 in extras-devel

Changelog:
  • CHANGE: Several UI modifications (aka beautifications): changed the appearence of the info boxes; set calibri as the global font.
  • FIX: Removed actions for when closing the application; normal and test modes are unified in latest SMSCON - a restart might cause loss of a pending action/test.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Hi Saturn,
you were right about hotmail. Tried with outgoing smtp.live.com port 587 but with no luck. With gmail it worked. BUT: I tried sending email with picture and I received email but with no picture, the space that should show picture is grey. How to fix that?
best regards and thanks in advance.
And of course Happy New Year!

Last edited by miroslav_s; 2012-01-02 at 14:22.

As for mail with picture from front camera - I noticed this bug as well, but forget to report it (it was during 1st bug reporting campaing for SMSCON).

In fact, it is't just "gray space". I've tested it many times, and it *does* contain some... things? that resemble lines of my face. Sometimes. So, it is somehow related to data from camera sensor. But, it is indeed gray, and it have nothing to do with bad light conditions etc. It seems that creating image (for sending in mail) from front camera, by SMSCON is incorrectly implemented - at least for test mode.

Also, it is 100% reproducible, in my case.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I'm sorry this has been discussed in excess and many intelligent people have tried to solve it. There are also parallel threads that others experimented with this camera, but nothing came out in the end/yet.

At the moment this is considered a limitation of the front camera.
If you are in daylight and with plenty of light, you can get a greenish picture. In all other cases it is unusable.

If you want to test, take a picture of a light bulb.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Thanks for info. It's quite strange, cause if I use camera-ui (from CSSU) in front-camera mode, resulting picture is ok. Same apply for Smartcam using front camera to transmit video over network, to my desktop (allowing to use N900 front and back camera as... well, camera, for both Linux and windows applications like VoIP or goddamned Skype).

Photo took in exact same conditions using SMSCON are gray/green/addict dream or, most of the time, just plain unusable. So, it seems that somehow it's related to method (command?) of taking picture. Maybe reverse-engineering camera-ui Open source version code (related to capturing photos in font camera mode) can bring solution?

If no, I'm out of ideas - unfortunately, as I'm pretty sure it is *not* hardware limitation. The front camera isn't producing good quality pictures, and can be quit terrible in non-optimal lighting conditions, but it is not *that* bad.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-