Active Topics

I have just installed Canola and want to use it to hopefully simplify(!) my internet radio listening, although my Nokia media player seems to be working fairly all right in that respect. However, when I attempt to add, via the Canola Configuration web site, a seemingly valid URL (gained per Canola instructions from the SHOUTcast site), while the URL seems to be accepted, any designation of a required "category" I may enter is rejected. Nowhere in the quite sparse Canola instructions is this matter seemingly addressed. Just what constitutes an acceptable Canola "category?" I assume others have successfully added URL's to their Canola N800 applications. What am i missing here?

Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
I have just installed Canola and want to use it to hopefully simplify(!) my internet radio listening, although my Nokia media player seems to be working fairly all right in that respect. However, when I attempt to add, via the Canola Configuration web site, a seemingly valid URL (gained per Canola instructions from the SHOUTcast site), while the URL seems to be accepted, any designation of a required "category" I may enter is rejected. Nowhere in the quite sparse Canola instructions is this matter seemingly addressed. Just what constitutes an acceptable Canola "category?" I assume others have successfully added URL's to their Canola N800 applications. What am i missing here?
hi i am having the same problem adding seemingly valid URL with canola 2,did you ever find a way to add interent radio stations

Originally Posted by pastafazoule View Post
hi i am having the same problem adding seemingly valid URL with canola 2,did you ever find a way to add interent radio stations
Pastafazoule: I am not currently using Canola, and with the apparent present inability of the various media player developers to get caught up with the new 800OS, I am biding my time to see what ultimately becomes available -- and has the fewest bugs! I do recall that at the time I solved the category problem by, of all things -- making up my own category definitions! But my memory is definitely a bit hazy on the subject. Sorry I can't be of more help.