Active Topics

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I removed 720p files, rebooted and after that H.264 file playback was OK.

Reinstalled files and problem was back.

EDIT: I have used Media Player and Open Media Player
EDIT2: Removed false error log.

Last edited by Gusse; 2011-12-19 at 15:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gusse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Gusse - raise your voltages and/or disable SmartReflex. I've seen lots of such messages when DSP runs too much overvolted.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Why it is so hard to name and date the things? i.e. instead of "these", "new", "some time ago", etc. It will be much easier for me to if bug reports say "since i update libgstdsp.so to build dated xx.xx.xxxx" or "the update made on xx.xx.xxxx broke this and that".

Nkirk, I am pointing at you too.

sorry about it i couldnt reply you yesterday since i was busy at work, i didnt keep a track of the date of the file but as i coud recall the issue appeared with the libgstdsp.so build against FREMANTLE SDK on 09.12.2011
.not 100% sure because i didnt test each version separately.

But the skippynes on recoreded videos are definitely there now, Playback isnt affacted.

/nkirk

The Following User Says Thank You to nkirk For This Useful Post:
@Gusse - raise your voltages and/or disable SmartReflex. I've seen lots of such messages when DSP runs too much overvolted.
SR disable and 850MHz voltage raised from 49 -> 60. No help, same errors. Single freq in use during test.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gusse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Gusse View Post
SR disable and 850MHz voltage raised from 49 -> 60. No help, same errors. Single freq in use during test.
Did you uninstall gstreamer0.10-openmax?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
sorry about it i couldnt reply you yesterday since i was busy at work, i didnt keep a track of the date of the file but as i coud recall the issue appeared with the libgstdsp.so build against FREMANTLE SDK on 09.12.2011
.not 100% sure because i didnt test each version separately.

But the skippynes on recoreded videos are definitely there now, Playback isnt affacted.

/nkirk
Well, if you don't give straight answer this time too, I would ignore your further posts. WHAT IS THE DATE OF libgstdsp.so YOU ARE USING NOW. Third time I am asking this question, damn.

I am asking because in latest (dated 17.12.2011) libgstdsp.so there is a fix for low framerate/choppy video recording(well, removed an upstream patch causing it).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Did you uninstall gstreamer0.10-openmax?
Openmax was causing errors and after removal dmesg is clean, but still not able to play.
Disabled SR, increased voltage, decreased DSP freq, but still no success.

Removed DSP files from both my devices and now both can show problematic files without problems with stock DSP. Also SR is enabled, stable low voltage and DSP at 600.

EDIT: Now I'm really puzzled. Reinstalled 720p DSP files again to both devices and no problems with sample files. Still original problematic movie files are unplayable, but new encoded movies are all OK (I did more encoding trials). Don't really know what is wrong with the movies that are not OK. They are too big to upload and I could not edit those so that I could keep original codec setting in the file. Video tools that I have decode and encode files when editing those, so therefore cannot take just a sample from problematic file. Now I use different video tools than earlier and I cannot recall all the settings exactly.

Anyway, there are some differences what comes to playback of standard video formats.

EDIT2: Video file seems to have two video parts inside. Attached more detailed info by MediaInfo tool. Anyway, I think this is not really relevant and therefore it can be disregarded.

Once again, a really much thanks for your support. I appreciate it a lot!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Video.txt (2.8 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Gusse; 2011-12-19 at 22:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gusse For This Useful Post:
freemangordon,

I kept on saying "since of late" the recording is laggy/Skippy than usual, I'm using the latest file , I've updated the files as an when you released them...

I've used the files dated 09.12.2011 / 15.12.2011 / 17.12.2011.
The skippyness is there with the latest file also(but to a lesser extent).

i ignore your aggression, because you value our feedback, thank you very much for that, seriously.

/nkirk

Last edited by nkirk; 2011-12-19 at 18:48. Reason: cut the crap

The Following User Says Thank You to nkirk For This Useful Post:
I think its better to make a new tread, related with "new camera UI 720P MOD"

Or something similar, and keep all the files updated there!

I dont know where to get the latest files, so its a bit disgusting...

Latest files are always in first post of this thread. CameraUI got it's own thread - search for it. Nothing here, to be disgusted of.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player