Notices

Please, someone, there is any way to control the recording bitrate????

I want to record at 10mbps or higher at WVGA or at 20mbps ( if is possible ) at HD.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
@estel: did you try the dcraw noise profiles i linked too?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
@Nicolai or other camera-ui devs
Can I suggest adding 1 sec option to time-delay shutter trigger?

Rationale: N900 doesn't have IR receiver, so it's not possible to trigger shutter remotely. On the other hand, using HW or on-screen button, can cause vibration and "ruin" a little photo took with N900 mounted to tripod.
NEXT: Estel customizes N900 to sport 52 to 72mm filter mount with threads, to being able to capture bulb-mode NIR images.

(IMHO you are trying to achieve too much with this little bugger.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Hey, shake-less photos using tripod isn't too much, especially considering how low amount of work it needs to add 1 sec delayed-trigger option

As for bluetooth keyboard/mouse, haven't tried that, but will do. Of course, I think we agree that carring mouse/keyboard as remote shutter device is quite suboptimal

/Estel

// Edit
I'll try filter when back on home, I'm currently on trip now (performing all my activity here from N900 itself, with USB keyboard and bluetooth mouse). Thanks anyway.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
I've been experiencing an issue where I'm not always able to take a video. I able to set the camera into video taking mode, preview before taking a video, and start taking a video. However, once I start taking a video the screen never updates - it either remains at a black screen, or at the first frame of the video.

I was able to take pictures before I started writing this post, but while trying to figure out what was causing the video issue, I have also lost the ability to take pictures.

I have attempted to take pictures and videos on both a MicroSD card, as well as the internal storage.

Update: I should add that I haven't installed any sort of "DSP" patch, or otherwise for the 720p video recording.

Update #2: It's working after a reboot. However, since this isn't the first time I've experienced this issue, I believe that this will probably happen again. It's something that's going to need a close watch.

Last edited by AndrewX192; 2011-12-08 at 08:00. Reason: Works after a reboot...?

The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewX192 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your report. Now i'm assured that such an issue wasn't rooted in my dealings with packages.

Btw: dmesg and gst-launch logs are attached here.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-12-08 at 07:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
estel: yeah, may not be most practical. remeber someone saying about using the old nokia folding keyboard thats all.

you could test with your usb one for now

Andrew, I have the same problem.. some kind of bug..

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
Andrew, I have the same problem.. some kind of bug..
Does a reboot fix the issue?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bulgaria
OK, I installed the codecs for HD playback, no probs there, BUT as i got to the camera-ui and the libs i've got stuck. I've tried like 4 times to install the libs(libdigicam*) and XTerm says:
dpkg: error processing (filename) (--install) : cannot access archive: No such file or directory.
OK, but camera-ui installs just fine. If I might ask freemangordon to answer me, as i assume me and him will understand each other much better on our own language!! (Bulgarian)

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle