Active Topics

What is everyone's experience with the n810's battery life. I can't quite figure out the 'rules' to follow, other than its not laptop so close things down if you are not using them. Duh, I know, but I am a multitask ninja on OSX, its bad.

It seems there have been a few times I was suprised at how quickly it drained, but I couldn't track it down to one thing. Any tips?

Disconnect then turn off the wifi whenever not in use, only major battery sucker I can think of... Multitask ninja, I like that term

install the cpu status app and check to see what is pegging the CPU. You'll be surprised at how often it gets pegged by websites with flash adverts. That will kill your battery quick.

In addition I have mine set to warn me when the cpu usage is high. In full screen mode it's pretty useful. Certain Mac sites (MACNN) are really bad offenders in this department. Ars Technica is another bad site in this regards and as soon as I can get my ad blocker set up these sites are getting their ads blocked. Damn the site use policies. Get control of the frickin' adverts.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Don't let your GPS search forever.
PLEASE use the Wiki

the rss widget is a vampire

get an external power supply from boxwave ir similar.
turn off wifi/bt when not needed
set screen to shut off quickly
lock device to prevent umplanned turm ons

Is possible to see the battery power ordered by processes? If i remember well.. i think there's a 'top' - like app for this. Well.. the thing is if it's ported.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Belgium
Hi,

Since I have upgraded my N800 towards the new OS2008 I have also the impression that the battery drainage is much much faster then before (using 0S2007).

Cheers, Jan

(Lithium ion batteries drain faster until they've been recharged a few times.)