Not hostile, just tired of recalcitrant noobery. When the instructions are on the first page of the thread, at the very least you are expected to read them in full. Now take yourself, multiply it by once a day for the past 3 years then you will get an idea of how often people ask stuff they would know if they just RTFM. That is why such hostility.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
No hostility. We're just assuring Q&A of things posted here. And reading first post/page is always mandatory. Not doing some is extremely hostile attempt to hijack developers time
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
i read the first post with no problem, probably just misunderstood it. i ignored everything except the line written in green, i kind of not need to be able to watch 720p on my device, but i would like to be able to record hd/dvd quality though.

so fast forward to post #549 (cameraui thread), maybe another misunderstanding in my part, it says its worth to intall them even if you have stock kernel, so i did install but was unsuccessful, hence post #616.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ayos! View Post
i read the first post with no problem, probably just misunderstood it. i ignored everything except the line written in green, i kind of not need to be able to watch 720p on my device, but i would like to be able to record hd/dvd quality though.

so fast forward to post #549 (cameraui thread), maybe another misunderstanding in my part, it says its worth to intall them even if you have stock kernel, so i did install but was unsuccessful, hence post #616.
Yet another useless post.

Anyway all you need is written on the first post on this very thread. And you need to read EVERYTHING written in that post. Nedeed by you or not 720p playback is a must for 720p recording. They share the same code/codecs/etc.

So now go read and execute instructions on the first post. And if you have any problems with them first search then ask questions. And it is never enough to say "there was an error" without providing what ACTUAL error message was.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
I read most of posts here and I have one question. Is there any chance that hd recording and playing will be a part of CSSU? Im not ready for all these steps now so that is why Im asking that as a stable and easy to use

720p playback is a must for 720p recording.
thanks. now its clear, it would be nice to have this line on the first post though.

I imagine when it becomes stable enough, yes it will.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
I read most of posts here and I have one question. Is there any chance that hd recording and playing will be a part of CSSU? Im not ready for all these steps now so that is why Im asking that as a stable and easy to use
camera-ui with 720p support will make it to CSSU someday. gstreamer0.10-dsp will make it to CSSU or extras-devel once sourcecode is available. There is still no definite answer whether we will be allowed to put DSP binaries in extras-devel or other repo for easier installation. So still no clear answer to your question, stay tuned.

Anyway, the steps now are really easy to follow, maybe you've missed the progress made last week - i.e. there is no need to run scripts on linux machine or your n900 anymore, installation could be completed in few minutes with several commands in xterm.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Costa RIca
Simply Awesome, i'm lost for words, never thought i would see the day my beloved N900 could play 720p (now even record!)

And the fact SR is now working 600Mhz+ makes KP49 incredible.

freemangordon, you are officialy my new hero.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejcrashed For This Useful Post:
@freemangordan......
I read ur first post and I understood it but just for curiosity I am asking this silly question.

after installing all the files u provided in first post will I be able to play and record 720p videos or I need to do something extra........
and if i succeed how would i come to know tat i can play or record hd videos.....

Sorry sir in advance for asking this question but I had to format my beloved n900 5 times since purchase and nokia care charge heavily
for formatting so plzzzz ur help will be greatly appreciated sir........

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player