Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Alfred
The best is to stick with cssu, weather it be Stable or Testing
You must be right,but for me when record video and then check for resolution with bsplayer-1280/720.I think this is enough,i not to say to quality is perfect

Last edited by disappear; 2011-11-24 at 08:10.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Lower your DSP frequencies to see if those continue to appear.
Unfortunately, yes. It happens even with much more conservative DSP overclock, than suggested by knobby. Also, I tried disabling VDD1 and VDD2 - it seems, that it "spam" dmesg at little lower rate (but maybe just auto-suggestion), but still, it happens.

After every recording of video (that is at least minute long, sometimes shorter) that sb overflow happen. Also, most of the time, errors about proc and memory appear.

On the other hand, when I *do* overclock, such errors doesn't appear while *watching* videos - while tried limiting overclocking, it appeared also when watching, sometimes.

WTF?

/Estel

// Edit

I also got strange bug with HD camera-ui. When i start recording video - most of the time - GUI dissapear (leaving only viewfinder), and recording is done in background, yet, after 10-15 seconds GUI re-appear, and I'm presented with "mediaplayer" prompt (to watch recorder video, delete it etc), even that I *don't* stopped recording. Also, If I return back to camera, recording is still proceeding, I can pause it, stop etc.

Then, after such event, I got [b]2[/b[ videos - one ended itself after GUI re-appear, and another one, correct. NFC why it happens, unfortunately.

It's worth mentioning, that after such "strange" recording, I can start and stop further recordings normally. Only first video, after enabling camera-ui act like that.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-11-24 at 05:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Estel - camera-ui behaviour is by design like that, on the first recorded video it switches resolution. that is one of the remedies for low framerate. of course second screen should not appear but i didn't have time to look at it. I know about the issue, it behaves in the same way here,stay tuned.

re dmesg flood - seems like an issue with gst-dsp, maybe it does not initialize/cleanup correctly. Anyway will look at it when source code is available.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Hy guys, new version here. This one should record DVD/HD videos with following stable fps:

1280x720@25
960x720@30
1024x576@30
720x576@30

Even if you use stock DSP codecs or stock kernel it is still worth to install it, it should record more smooth videos(i.e. no stutter at all) for stock resolutions.

What is still missing is correct labels for HD/DVD resolutions and appropriate icons. I would appreciate if someone helps me with the icons as I am an awful graphics designer
noobie question, i just want to be able to record dvd/hd quality, tried installing this via xterm but got an error, do i need kernel 49 for this to work? thanks

@up:
RTFFP!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
@up:
RTFFP!
Why would he/she do that? It is much easyer to be spoonfed than to read 20(at max) lines of instructions. And by asking questions (even past the line of stupidity) you see your name in the thread, maybe he/she feels like a celebrity that way, who knows. You can take an example of that on the HEN thread where some guy asked joerg "who the **** are you here?". Isn't it funny?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by ayos! View Post
noobie question, i just want to be able to record dvd/hd quality, tried installing this via xterm but got an error, do i need kernel 49 for this to work? thanks
You are a long-time member and should know better how to help yourself than to rely on being "goose-fed". Back to school for ya.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
720p videos are now working fine. i can play and record hd videos. hd 16x9 videos are a very little slow i think its because of dsp. i havent overclocked it tell yet. im facing another problem i dont know how to explain it. i will post a video of it.

No need for video, cause without overclocking DSP, You *can't* record full-fps 16:9 720p videos. Report here, if You got problems *after* overclocking DSP (but, be sure to first check if You did it correctly, cause reports like "I enabled 600 DSP on 250 MPU and I'm getting errors" will be killed with fire ).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

dang..didn't expect you guys to be so hostile right away, my bad, didn't mean to disrespect.

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player