Active Topics

Since I set up my exchange account, I've been forced to have autolock on "No delay". I removed the exchange account from the phone but the only option remains "No delay". So this is a bug and I need to find a way to fix this.

I found a thread on this thread on Nokia Support forums but the only option they could give me is to clear my device. I have tried "Restore settings" but that didn't fix it.

Where can I manually change this setting? I should have the option to ignore this serverside policy anyway... I did not find a gconf setting for this (maemo had /system/osso/dsm/locks/devicelock_autolock_enabled but it doesn't work on meego) nor have I found anything in the dot-files of the homedir. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, our exchange server is not configured to require auto-lock. So it shouldn't have made me lock down my phone in the first place. It never required it for my N900 or any of the Androids or iPhones of my colleagues. Our exchange is hosted on Office 365, I'm using an N9 with PR1.1.

Last edited by thomascolliers; 2011-11-14 at 19:50.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by thomascolliers View Post
Since I set up my exchange account, I've been forced to have autolock on "No delay". I removed the exchange account from the phone but the only option remains "No delay". So this is a bug and I need to find a way to fix this.

I found a thread on this thread on Nokia Support forums but the only option they could give me is to clear my device. I have tried "Restore settings" but that didn't fix it.
Looks like a security bug, so can't help you here (except the advise from support forum).

Originally Posted by thomascolliers View Post
Where can I manually change this setting? I should have the option to ignore this serverside policy anyway... I did not find a gconf setting for this (maemo had /system/osso/dsm/locks/devicelock_autolock_enabled but it doesn't work on meego) nor have I found anything in the dot-files of the homedir. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, our exchange server is not configured to require auto-lock. So it shouldn't have made me lock down my phone in the first place. It never required it for my N900 or any of the Androids or iPhones of my colleagues. Our exchange is hosted on Office 365, I'm using an N9 with PR1.1.
When you are creating the account just check the "non-provisionable device" checkbox to ignore security policy provided by server (not all servers allow it).

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
I'm very pleased that there semes to be an update to fix the sync problem wiht exchange accounts. This issue alone have almost made me throw this phone in the river. However, this update is still not available to me, and Nokia gives no indication what so ever on when I can get this update. My current sw version is V 10.2011.34-1.320.01.2_PR_320. I'm living in Norway, with a Telenor subscription, if that is of any importans. I'd be very greatful for any information on when i could expect to get this update to my device.

Best Regards

RollingStone

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Try to use this advise:

but I have no idea why it could help or what could be broken here
It worked, thanks!

My question probably was lost in the thread, so I'll just repeat it. Is there any way (or plans) to support remote LDAP directory contacts? Thunderbird supports it for example:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/LDAP_access_via_Address_Book

Last edited by shmerl; 2011-11-16 at 18:26.

I don't have a working smtp server available but it doesn't seem possible to enter no outgoing server details. I don't think this is causing any problems apart from the odd pointless error message but it would be nice to fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to unlinked For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
My question probably was lost in the thread, so I'll just repeat it. Is there any way (or plans) to support remote LDAP directory contacts? Thunderbird supports it for example:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/LDAP_access_via_Address_Book
No, at least as far as I know.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

I recently purchased the N9 which was installed with version 10.2011.34

When I first set up mfe to connect to my office exchange server, it worked like a charm. Did not face any connection or sync issues.

Then after 1 week of use, my mfe Inbox suddenly stopped receiving new mails. There was no connection problem encountered during the sync process i.e. did not encounter the red arrow but no new mails were updated into my Inbox. The sync logs also indicated that the sync was successful. The weird thing is that all other exchange folders eg Deleted, Sent, Junk and even Inbox subfolders were being updated. Only my main Inbox folder was not being updated.

I tried deleting the account and creating it again. After recreating the account and completing the initial sync, my mfe main Inbox folder this time was completely empty. All other folders were however properly synced and updated. It is now 2 days since I recreated the account and my Inbox continues to be empty and still cannot receive any mails. All other folders have no issue and are updated correctly after every sync.

All this while, the mfe client on my iPAD is working perfectly proving that the problem is not caused by the exchange server but by the N9 mfe client.

Is this a known bug with the N9 mfe client? Will the new update solve this issue?

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I just got my N9. Pr1.0. And as expected mail for exchange can not connect to my work server. NOKIA is a total fail. I am in USA. I am happy to have not paid for device but got it as a present. not much hope for using it as a primary device. Long live iphone

I had the same issue, and it came out your provider needs to enable active sync first (this didn't happen in my case). Plus you need to know specific values for things like "domain" and so on. Ask your provider about it.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950