Active Topics

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
How do I access the function keys with the N900 keyboard, but without access to the X Terminal.

I have installed a bespoke Java application which worked straight away - it's run from a shell script, so the terminal is open and in use. One of its options is to go full-screen, which it does nicely on the N900. The software uses F11 to get out of this full-screen mode, and I can't see how to do this on the N900.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

http://wiki.maemo.org/Remapping_keyboard

Personally, I got every usable keys from "big" keyboards (including all F1-F11 keys), by mapping things to shift+alt_gr (also called fn, which isn't exactly correct - anyway, it is blue arrow on N900), which is unused in default layout.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Many thanks.

I don't know if it's just me getting old, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find stuff at maemo.org by searching.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

The Following User Says Thank You to dormant For This Useful Post:
Have you tried it from Community -> Use wiki, or from Talk.maemo.org? Those are different search engines, and searching talk.maemo.org requires some voodoo keyword magic, to be useful. On the other hand, wiki search seems quite effective for me (it was first result, when searching for "remapping keyboard").

Good luck.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!