If you're doing lots of remove, clean, purge etc., it's sometimes easier to use cleaN900.
When I had those problems with Samba before, FAM would install other s/w but say it hadn't - bringing up a yellow error msg. The work around to this was click on Clean Cache in FAM then do killall hildon-desktop; not beautiful but fumctional!

It seems that although dkpg and apt show that a problem exists, it also appears that errors aren't derived from either of these in themselves... have you ascertained where the problem lies?

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
@Roth...
your problem shouldn't be that messy if you upgraded all before you upgrade libqtm-12....
it looks likes files such as

libavutil49 libavcodec52 libavformat52 libavfilter0 libpostproc51 libswscale0
have messed up all other installations/upgrade on your device....removing is not a gud idea cause some apps/programs might depends on that files...

have you try just

apt-get install --reinstall libavutil49 libavcodec52 libavformat52 libavfilter0 libpostproc51 libswscale0

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
These packages are all dependencies of ffmpeg and qmltube. Did you install one, or both, of them?
Those 'Optifying...' -errors may often be solved by creating the file or folder which should be moved by some preinstall script, for example
Optifying usr/share/doc/libavutil49 -> /opt/maemo/usr/share/doc/libavutil49
could be tackled with a gutsy
Code:
mkdir /usr/share/doc/libavutil49

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
Oh snap, I just installed CSSU (after PR1.3.1) and it looks it may have fixed some of the other Qt problems I had before. As for those packages, I followed @pusak gaop's commands, and voilą! All the packages installed and I'm now able to reinstall cuteTube-QML. Thanks a lot guys! <3

// Roth

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
The only way I resolved...

root

mc

I then navigated to

/opt/var/cache/apt

and deleted all .bin files

I then navigated to

/opt/var/lib/apt/lists

and deleted the files in there. (not folders)

Then close MC.

in root

apt-get -f install

then reboot

then into xterm again and root

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900

The Following User Says Thank You to thebtman For This Useful Post: