Posts: 36 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Riga, Latvia
Originally Posted by tjsgls View Post
From syslog [..] found out that kernel 'oops' data is dropped on /dev/mtd3.
Good catch, didn't notice that. Attaching mine (data data data). Unfortunately I'm no kernel dev.
Attached Files
File Type: gz mtd3.img.tar.gz (42.2 KB, 63 views)

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
OK, so it's the moment of truth!
I had my N9 wiped, bubble wrapped and ready to go to the post office this lunch, but now Nokia have released PR1.1, so out it comes and let's try upgrading before it goes back to Handtec.
I'll let you know the results...

As expected, it random-rebooted while it was downloading off work's flaky wifi.
Take 2...

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
I was just thinking - have I sent it back too soon? Thanks for taking the time to test it for me (and others too)...

Hugh

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
As expected, it random-rebooted while it was downloading off work's flaky wifi.
Take 2...
Is work's 'flaky wifi' the issue? Have you tried using it away from their flaky wifi?

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Is work's 'flaky wifi' the issue? Have you tried using it away from their flaky wifi?
Yeah, it crashes at home too, and out-and-about on 3G. Not ruling out wifi scanning or similar though. Maybe I'll try making it angry whilst in airplane mode?

So, anyway, PR1.1 is installed, and it rebooted whilst booting up just after the update, which was suspicious.
But since then it's been OK - I'm just trying to cane it now with loads of applications open and not managing to kill it or make it do anything suspicious so far. Not entirely convinced though. Before the update it would occasionally be fine for a few hours before it got cranky again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Mine got about 30% through the "updating" progress bar, next time I looked it is at a black screen with "Rescuing software update. Please do not interrupt. 10%"

Installing a software update when the phone is unstable is a double risk..

No sign of a full install firmware update (on navifirm) yet
My phone was boxed and ready to go back this lunchtime when I saw the update, so figured I'd give it a go.. It was freshly flashed (emmc and main image) before I tried..

Originally Posted by cpitchford View Post
Mine got about 30% through the "updating" progress bar, next time I looked it is at a black screen with "Rescuing software update. Please do not interrupt. 10%"

Installing a software update when the phone is unstable is a double risk..

No sign of a full install firmware update (on navifirm) yet
My phone was boxed and ready to go back this lunchtime when I saw the update, so figured I'd give it a go.. It was freshly flashed (emmc and main image) before I tried..
Welcome to the club...already watching at 'Rescuing software update 5%'...

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Strangely, it did finish and boot up!! I'm now installing the remaining 13 app updates!!?

Originally Posted by cpitchford View Post
Strangely, it did finish and boot up!! I'm now installing the remaining 13 app updates!!?
If it works properly after the update you may not even need to send it back!