Active Topics

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
Thaks jerex, now its working, first of all i was powering off my phone removing my battery and then power on, but wasnt working, then i try to to rename the location server to supl.google.com and now its working, thaks for your prompt replay.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Have you tried, as the post about 5 above this suggested, powering off and removing the battery for a short while? Have you tried changing the location server to supl.google.com (as was also mentioned within the last page or two)?
I thought it was a hardware issue before I gave it to Nokia care two weeks ago! :P There were few issues with the keyboard though.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Jerex View Post
Hey ctl,

Here's a few things to try:

1. Most of the problems seem to concern the A-GPS (using cell towers) rather than the normal GPS (satellites). Have you tried to open Maps in the open and let the phone get a fix on the GPS satellites? Currently, I have no problem getting GPS to work outside, but once indoors, the A-GPS can't get a location.

2. If it's the A-GPS that can't lock-on, first try changing your Location server to supl.google.com from supl.nokia.com. The setting is in 'Settings>Location>Network positioning'. Some users have reported that this resurrects A-GPS functionality.

3. If (2) doesn't work, you can try what I suggested a couple of posts ago: Switch off your N900, and remove/reinstall the battery before switching it back on. One user has reported that the A-GPS functionality will then return to normal using both supl.nokia.com and supl.google.com.

Let me know how you get on and good luck!
I too had the same problem of AGPS not working after PR1.3.1, with the setting set to supl.nokia.com (it was working in PR1.3). I found that if I unticked both Enable boxes in the Location Settings, Save, then went back in and ticked both boxes again, it started working, still using supl.nokia.com and without having to shutdown and remove the battery. Worth a try.

I don't have an update... in FAM, apt-get, or in the stock app manager???

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
Thaks a lot Rob1n, now its working, i had power off my phone and remove my battery and then turn it back again but still was not working, then i try to pu supl.google.com like u said and now its working fine, thanks again.
Which is (almost exactly) what i suggest but i didn't present you the solution on a nice platter; because it was already written previously in the same thread. So what?

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
yes, it was, but i dindnt look in the previous post, i dindt know that someone could have the same problem as me, and i dindt know there was a solution for that, thaks you too.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Barbados
Anyone needs the flash file to do the full flash with maemo flasher i have it just request it i have it only for the usa version n900

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Barbados
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
I would like to know if we will also have the image of this Update, so that we could directly flash the N900 ???
Thanks.
i have the image if u need it

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Originally Posted by Thehunted View Post
i have the image if u need it
So far in http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php PR1.3.1 Image is not available, why? and from where did you get US version of PR1.3.1?

Nokia N900 (48GB): Maemo 5 PR 1.3 CSSU Smeamo6

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
Originally Posted by pious_momin View Post
So far in http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php PR1.3.1 Image is not available, why? and from where did you get US version of PR1.3.1?
$ md5sum RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
095259c2380e894dc1d6a2999526ec9f RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

someone can confirm the md5 is correct ?

Tags
security