Notices

I'm still investigating the requirements for this download. I'm trying to install it on a replacement N900 for my wife although she'll probably never use it. By checking on my first N900, I worked out to put the Drive, Maps and Res folders in MyDocs before installing the SetupMobileMaps.deb file.

When I run the program it asks me to select a Map, but only offers me Europe. If I select that I'm told SMM10 Europe is not activated and puts up the activation screens. It's at this point I'm getting stuck. My product code is rejected but whether this is because it's a different device or because my original purchase was for UK and Ireland maps and not Europe I can't tell.

From my experience so far I can say that this is not a free copy of Sygic mobile maps 10. You will need to have previously purchased a valid license.

<EDIT1>
I did a manual activation at http://www.sygic.com/en/activate and was able to enter my product code and device ID (IMEI) number. I received an activation code but it was only for UK and Ireland as suspected.

Now I need to work out how to get SMM10 to offer me UK and Ireland maps or persuade sygic to give me a Europe product code.
</EDIT1>

<EDIT2>
In the Maps directory are files ending in .mlm (e.g. Europe.mlm). These files control what maps you are able to see in SMM10. by copying the "UK & Ireland.mlm" file onto the new device, I was able to activate it using the manual activation code I generated earlier. SMM10 is working fine now.
</EDIT2>

Last edited by gowen; 2011-11-02 at 12:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to gowen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i have mm10 iberia activated and running..if i replace maps from this download, only from the countries i have license for, will it be as a map upgrade, or is not worth it? you think i can try to do this, backing up the original product's maps, and if someone goes wrong, replace again the original map files?

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
i have mm10 iberia activated and running..if i replace maps from this download, only from the countries i have license for, will it be as a map upgrade, or is not worth it? you think i can try to do this, backing up the original product's maps, and if someone goes wrong, replace again the original map files?
If you are already running version 8.16 then I wouldn't bother using these maps. Otherwise if you accept the risk, backup everything and give it ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to gowen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
8.16...yes i have it...tks for the advice

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
8.16...yes i have it...tks for the advice
click Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I have a version 8.24

How did u get version 8.24 ?
I'm still on 8.16...

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I have a version 8.24
care to share?

Guys, i'll look for the deb on my laptop 2morrow...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Sorry for a long time, guys.
Here you go

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post: