Wait a moment, you saying, now the N900 records HD videos? and also play it?

haha, those people who say to me, never possible, now heating his words!!! **** Yea!

Originally Posted by JSTAR View Post
why the video that i downloaded playing slowmotion using kmplayer and when i play on media player it plays like a slide show and i set my cpu on 600 to 900 still can't play the 720p video that i downloaded.. am i missing something do i need to move the video to the other folder? pls help..
I think you should select osso-media-server as the player in Kmplayer because slow or laggy playback is due to mplayer (software encoding)
and overclock dsp to 600 by editing overclock profile in /home/user/.kernel ... i hope this will help

Originally Posted by carloxic View Post
I simply ran your script... and i remember seeing some error messages saying something like "cannot preserve permissions".
Right now I'm trying to find out why I cannot mount the loop device with the rootfs loop file. It says "block device required".
I progress slowly during my commuting breaks
got it all working with kernel-power48.
i dont even know the release notes of kernel49 to say if I cud benefit from it...

Originally Posted by ashujanu View Post
I think you should select osso-media-server as the player in Kmplayer because slow or laggy playback is due to mplayer (software encoding)
and overclock dsp to 600 by editing overclock profile in /home/user/.kernel ... i hope this will help
yep i did all that before and was stil the same i don't know if it's the video is the problem.. anyway thanks for helping man

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Bingol, Turkey
I can't see the n9/n950 root file system after "sudo ./mount_n950_rootfs.sh" command and can you upload this files please (root/lib/dsp/)...

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Hi guys,

there is a new version of KP49 with Harmattan DSP driver backported.

After installing that new KP version you will need to (as root):

apt-get install --reinstall libbridge2

There is no need for different bridgedriver.ko anymore.

Also you may want to use new "dsp" OC profile to play HD content.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Novi Sad, Serbia
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Hi guys,

there is a new version of KP49 with Harmattan DSP driver backported.

After installing that new KP version you will need to (as root):

apt-get install --reinstall libbridge2

There is no need for different bridgedriver.ko anymore.

Also you may want to use new "dsp" OC profile to play HD content.
Thanks for your hard work, now blessn900 works without any problem, 720 recordings are still about 20-21 frames per sec. Skype video calls do not work, but it's not a problem to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to zeljkobo12 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the hard work, 720p avg fps is around 18 - 20, i feel more laggyness even at 900/600, i'll be sticking to dvd 16:9 resolution for the moment.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
Thanks for the hard work, 720p avg fps is around 18 - 20, i feel more laggyness even at 900/600, i'll be sticking to dvd 16:9 resolution for the moment.
Be patient for a while, I am working on camera-ui version which records 720p video at stable 25fps, just need a couple of days to finish it.

And really, use dsp profile with limits 250-805, do not lock frequencies, kernel will do the correct job for you.

until new camera-ui is ready you may use the following workaround for higher fps:

tracker-processes -t
renice 10 `pidof camera-ui`
renice 10 `pidof Xorg`

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by freemangordon
Be patient for a while, I am working on camera-ui version which records 720p video at stable 25fps, just need a couple of days to finish it.

And really, use dsp profile with limits 250-805, do not lock frequencies, kernel will do the correct job for you.

until new camera-ui is ready you may use the following workaround for higher fps:

tracker-processes -t
renice 10 `pidof camera-ui`
renice 10 `pidof Xorg`
Hi first off all i want to thanks for great job which you are done,but i have a question.It possible to install camera-ui without CSSU update

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player