Notices

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post

Fluxbox + ROX ( I like it )
That looks awesome! Is that an 810?

Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Heh... I don't have a fancy new tablet (just a pair of 770's picked off from buy.com), but I *do* have an interesting VNC screenshot:

There's nothing like reading USENET via slrn in a Warp console via VNC on a 770, is there?
you get points for being a fellow 770 user, i use it for rdp/vnc/ssh also

Heheh. No. I usually use Firefox under Warp, or Links. I don't know that WebExplorer would even work here. :-) :-)
They make Firefox for OS/2? The last time I ran OS/2 the latest browser was the IBM ported Netscape.. and that was around 1998-99. I need to install OS/2 on a spare machine to bring back some memories!

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Mableton, GA USA
Originally Posted by morrison View Post
They make Firefox for OS/2? The last time I ran OS/2 the latest browser was the IBM ported Netscape.. and that was around 1998-99. I need to install OS/2 on a spare machine to bring back some memories!
Which version would you like?

IBM's Mike Kaply is still involved with the Mozilla ports to OS/2, just not in an official capacity anymore. But IBM sponsored the Mozilla port to Warp at the beginning and even had their own fork for a while.

FWIW, eComStation might be a better thing to play with these days. Serenity Systems has a demo CD you can play with. w00t!

Last edited by rcsteiner; 2007-12-20 at 20:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcsteiner For This Useful Post:

There's my screenshot for y'all

Which version would you like?

IBM's Mike Kaply is still involved with the Mozilla ports to OS/2, just not in an official capacity anymore. But IBM sponsored the Mozilla port to Warp at the beginning and even had their own fork for a while.

FWIW, eComStation might be a better thing to play with these days. Serenity Systems has a demo CD you can play with. w00t!
Ok thanks for that info, that's good to hear there is still some active development there. That's incredible Mike Kaply is still involved! I actually remember that name.

I took a look at this eComStation link you provided, and it looks neat. The name of the company behind it rings a faint bell. So is this some custom OS/2 distro, or do they have some stake in OS/2 with IBM?

I miss the T editor!

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by morrison View Post
I took a look at this eComStation link you provided, and it looks neat. The name of the company behind it rings a faint bell. So is this some custom OS/2 distro, or do they have some stake in OS/2 with IBM?

I miss the T editor!
eComStation is basically OS/2 Warp, dragged -- kicking and screaming -- into the 21st century. It's nice.

Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
The weather applet is Other Maemo weather OM weather applet. Most useful widget yet IMHO.

Here is my desktop, pic of my favorite animal
Where did you download the weather applet for OS2008? I can't seem to find it on maemo.org... as well as IDEA... I only see them for OS2007... any idea?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
eComStation is basically OS/2 Warp, dragged -- kicking and screaming -- into the 21st century. It's nice.
Cool, I shall be checking out that demo then

ok so i posted my screenshot :-)

Tags
bora, chinook, desktop, diablo, insane emulation, maemo, maemo 2, maemo 3, maemo 4, picture, pictures, screens getting shot, screenshots