Active Topics

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I thought that even if you blank the screen, there's still the speed at which it dims for this.

Anyway, for selectively disabling the keys, I was just thinking of using Xbindkeys or something.

It was a stupid idea now that I think of it. *lol*

I do know that turning off alarmb doesn't always work with Audio Lock.

I'm still trying to figure out what else might make it to stop functioning after only a few seconds.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I did a reboot yesterday and ASUI Settings is back to normal again.

Sorry that I didn't catch the bug on why it stopped doing anything.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Odd, just had the N800 power on automatically after having been off for 3 hours because of low battery.

New test and settings binaries.
  • fixed "audio lock" label in asui-settings
  • user-defined presets for devlock brightness toggle
  • preset buttons below brightness slider
  • possible fix for audio lock key unlocking
  • secondary power unlock key can now be used by audio lock
  • asui-settings uses a timer so the reload config signal is only 1 second after the last change to prevent number editor widget from spamming ASUI

Run asui uu;asui dit;asui dis to download and install.

There are three new presets in the brightness settings and three semi-hidden buttons below the brightness slider. The devlock brightness toggle also makes use of these presets.

The secondary key you use with power button to unlock screen can now be used by audio lock instead of unlocking screen by itself without needing to press power button. Once power button has been pressed the secondary key unlocks instead of controlling audio but returns to audio lock mapping when the screen reblanks.

@ addison, does this binary fix your audio lock problems?

Originally Posted by tso View Post
Odd, just had the N800 power on automatically after having been off for 3 hours because of low battery.
Something set a power on alarm.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Not sure what that something would be. There was no program launched after boot.

New test binary.
  • disable devlock while audio lock is active
  • minor tweak to audio lock key unlocking
  • com.qzx.asui.reload_audio_profiles dbus method
  • 'asui reload_ap' command to reload audio profiles

Run 'asui uu;asui dit;asui dis' to download and install. Now if you rename audio profiles or add new ones you can run 'asui reload_ap' instead of restarting ASUI.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
After 5 months of slow development...

advanced-systemui (0.6.0)
  • fix: battery widget on device lock keypad now updates immediately
  • fix: disable check_orientation() call when no rotation support to prevent segfault on window map
  • fix: a second long press on fullscreen clock will now turn screen blanking back on
  • fix: window now slides smoothly when dragging to unmap
  • fix: config string handling code no longer frees empty strings (appman and asui-settings should now be able to start ASUI)
  • statusbar wifi icon can be mirrored to the right side when bluetooth is off
  • setting to invert devlock keypad
  • convenience script now supports 'dit' and 'dis' commands to simplify download and install of asui and asui-settings test binaries
  • disable key and screen events while window is sliding on to or off of the screen
  • disable key and screen events after device code is entered until window is redrawn
  • statusbar setting to always play battery sounds
  • when device is locked a horizontal swipe on bar will blank screen and a vertical swipe down from the bar will lock&blank
  • battery widget now has a simple charging animation
  • service lights now have a darker halo
  • audio lock button
  • convenience script 'reload_ap' command to reload audio profiles
  • user-defined presets for devlock brightness toggle
  • preset buttons below brightness slider
  • asui-settings uses a timer so the reload config signal is only 1 second after the last change to prevent number editor widget from spamming ASUI
  • new install/upgrade notice to warn users of bugs and help new users

Let me know if application manager doesn't properly restart ASUI during the upgrade. And let me know if you have any problems not related to alarmd.

Button container widgets, command buttons and alarmd fixes are next on the list...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
1) Upgrade via App Mgr, went very slowly (because Canola was also open at the time?). After completion, system restarted; was this expected?

2) N800 was on charger at the time of the restart (same old problems of booting while on charger). I opened the ASUI window to see what was new. Pressed the Audio Lock button (despite not being configured); nothing happend beyond the blue outline. Entered the secondary screen, suddenly everything was locked up. Long-pressed the power button, but not long enough to force a shutdown, and the system restarted.

3) Rebooted with charger off. This time, did not have to reset MCE and re-do the Display control-panel stuff. Unfortunately, a more controlled shutdown followed by startup did not repeat this.
It would be nice if, at least, the MCE restart could be made more accessible, instead of requiring: Open Settings, scroll down, select MCE, scroll down, select reset. Make MCE Restart the top button on the settings, since it can't be done automatically. (Could there be a button within ASUI itself to restart MCE?)

service lights now have a darker halo
Not sure what this means, I don't see any difference (black default theme)

user-defined presets for devlock brightness toggle
preset buttons below brightness slider
Not sure what these mean (or even if they're related to one another). On the ASUI screen, I don't seen any change around the slider.

Is there a way to hide the Audio Lock button (since it's of no use for Canola)? Maybe just hide it if no audio-lock config files or directory?

Originally Posted by mcow View Post
Is there a way to hide the Audio Lock button (since it's of no use for Canola)? Maybe just hide it if no audio-lock config files or directory?
Drag it to the second screen and forget it exists

As for the MCE restart thingy, it is a "temporary" fix until the real cause can be ferreted out and taken care off. Tho if there ever is a user configurable ASUI button i guess a /etc/init.d/mce restart or similar should do the trick.

1) Upgrade via App Mgr, went very slowly (because Canola was also open at the time?). After completion, system restarted; was this expected?
Rebuilding the icon cache can take a minute. I'll add a notice about it taking a few minutes to install/upgrade.

It should not have restarted your system, something must have triggered the lifeguard reset.

Pressed the Audio Lock button (despite not being configured); nothing happend beyond the blue outline. Entered the secondary screen, suddenly everything was locked up. Long-pressed the power button, but not long enough to force a shutdown, and the system restarted.
Hmm, it should not have turned blue or orange if no profiles had been created, I'll check the code and release a fix.

"service lights now have a darker halo"

Not sure what this means, I don't see any difference (black default theme)
Poor man's anti-aliasing around the green/gray/yellow service dots. I was also hoping it would add a nice effect but it didn't and it also didn't do a very good job of AA either.

"preset buttons below brightness slider"

Not sure what these mean (or even if they're related to one another). On the ASUI screen, I don't seen any change around the slider.
Crank up the brightness and you'll see two very tiny gray T shapes on either side of the brightness value. These are actually the corners of the three hidden buttons. Tap to the right of the brightness step buttons for first preset, tap brightness value for middle preset and tap to the left of the theme/light level button for the third preset. They default to 12, 63 and 127 or you can define your own in asui-settings.

If you use devlock then the red brightness icon button which has always used 12,63 and 127 will now use your presets.

You can try googling for a way to control Canola via dbus or command line and I can help you write a profile. Otherwise do as tso said.

It would be possible to have a setting that allows unusable buttons like audio lock and screenshot to be hidden when not properly configured. They would still use a button cell and show up in the editor but wouldn't render something like "screenshot tool not installed". It would default to show the buttons so new users would know about them and could figure out how to get them working. Only problem is that once you enable this setting you would no longer know about new buttons (like the upcoming command buttons) unless you follow the forum closely.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox