FYI, I had a android phone, got a n900 as a geek toy, and it replaced my android as my "production" cell phone.

That's in oct 2011, and I don't care about what nokia may or may not do.

I knew the n900 but feared it would not perform well as a phone. with maemo it rocks.

thanks again for all the interesting comments .. Im still looking for a n900 , since IM in Argentina.. I mostly buy from ebay ( I have paypal) .. sadly there almost 99 % of new phones(n900) are from hong kong :P ,.. and Im a little afraid to buy a new from there .. ( some frineds bought htc like new and tehy were refurbished whit a new exterior case only :P)
anyway still lurking for a used one ..
by the way if anyone here knows a place were I can buy cell phone using paypal if anyone have a tip .. I would be awesome .
also I want to ask.. what was in your opinion the major issue or - point s about the n900 ? ..

best regards to all
Vladimir

Originally Posted by Finn View Post
thanks again for all the interesting comments .. Im still looking for a n900 , since IM in Argentina.. I mostly buy from ebay ( I have paypal) .. sadly there almost 99 % of new phones(n900) are from hong kong :P ,.. and Im a little afraid to buy a new from there .. ( some frineds bought htc like new and tehy were refurbished whit a new exterior case only :P)
anyway still lurking for a used one ..
by the way if anyone here knows a place were I can buy cell phone using paypal if anyone have a tip .. I would be awesome .
also I want to ask.. what was in your opinion the major issue or - point s about the n900 ? ..

best regards to all
Vladimir
I can sell you my used one.

I'm interested in the post above.

i've been trying to looking for one too. i live in Canada and there is not a whole lot of listing for it.

I tried ebay also and find the person from hongkong by the name cellphoneforever and seems like it is the most affordable. he has a lot of positive feedback. however when i look at the picture he has a white box meanwhile on youtube i find videos of unboxing were black boxes.

i don't want to end up with a n900 fake lol
like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t27QMN5AH2c

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i have bought my N900 two weaks ago and im very happy with it. Installed nitdroid in it and now it rocks. playing game in Nitdroid is fun and also installed WebOs games in maemo. Loving my N900 alot.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
you could find some at www.mercadolibre.com.pe

Last edited by Arrancamos; 2011-10-18 at 00:24.

Sorry for replying late ^^;; I just got reminded about this again now that it's the month of my birthday. Hopefully, on my next 2 salaries, I will have enough to buy this phone I'm surely going to love. Linux FTW! X3b

Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
kohrime: I didn't know you had a question about what I said for meego (harmattan) based device. Both N950 and N9 will have virtual keyboard as N900 did. I was told by a few lucky developers who managed to get their hands on N950 that the virtual keyboard (on screen based) is so much more nicer than that of on N900. A few claimed that it was so nice they even forgot N950 had a physical keyboard.

Unfortunately N9 will not have a physical keyboard, unlike N950 and N900 both have physical keyboard which slides out underneath from the screen the N9 will just be like a one piece type of device.

The only reason why I say its unfortuate N9 won't have a physical keyboard is that in case if one installs beta software and the software makes the virtual keyboard not appear, you are pretty much stuck not being able to enter in words (which means chatting for instance will be a no-no). In the case of N900 it was fairly easy to lose the virtual keyboard when one installs international input such as mscim.

Without a physical keyboard on N9, it would probably leave keyboard warriors (like myself) having to fork out extra money to buy a bluetooth keyboard, to carry that extra bluetooth keyboard around and hope the bluetooth keyboard works well with the device.
I didn't thought of that - bluetooth keyboard. I'll probably wait until Nokia N9 prices drop dramatically. Probably will wait a year or so - since I'll be buying N900 soon X3

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I don't know whether will N9 drop prices or not in terms of buying it brand new will be a viable option from Elop's viewpoint. Elop is fixated on the idea of pricing N9 in a way that it makes people ponder if N9 is actually a good device or not. Probably also the sales gained from selling N9 will either be used to pay off any losses nokia has had along with fueling for more windows developers for their upcoming mango devices.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
I was told by a few lucky developers who managed to get their hands on N950 that the virtual keyboard (on screen based) is so much more nicer than that of on N900. A few claimed that it was so nice they even forgot N950 had a physical keyboard.
This may be both off-topic and a stupid question, but couldn't the MeeGo virtual keyboard be backported to Maemo with a few tweaks?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
This may be both off-topic and a stupid question, but couldn't the MeeGo virtual keyboard be backported to Maemo with a few tweaks?
The N9 kbd is well designed, but the main reason for me why it's so much better than the N900 one is that the capacitive touchscreen only requires a tap rather than a harder press on the resistive. That makes it much easier to type quickly.

Tags
kajko the tool, kajko+elop=love, twigdouche