Active Topics

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
yes, undoubtedly it's beautifully crafted and lovely hardware... i am still waiting a lot of updates coming from Nokia to cover the loopholes in the initial release, in fact not loopholes but to further improve it.... I mean people in my office visit me to see the device only.

Thought I'd share this in case someone else gets the same:

Camera-ui crashed when I played around sliding with lockscreen (started it accidentally with down-up slide and chose the camera). It stuck on 90-100% cpu usage, but this was not visible anywhere else but top/htop. Couldn't kill it as devel-su does not have privileges for that, so I had to reboot.

That with the Exchange syncing bug was a first one in two days, so I'm generally happy. Otherwise N9 is a mixed bag compared to N900. Everything is sleeker, but more restricted at the same time, lacking options. Fast and smooth. Swipe UI feels natural.

I definitely miss HW-keyboard and full landscape environment (with portrait too) from N900. Browser seems smooth and fine but it does not have full screen mode. Url-bar is always visible, which feels waste of screen real estate.

I adore the physical aspects of the phone. It is absolutely gorgeous and feels very good to handle.

AMOLED screen is controversial too; having got used to sharp LCD screen in N900, amoled looks fuzzy when reading small text. There are plus sides to that technology too, of course, so one just have to get used to it.

5 days i have had the N9 in use i have enjoyed using it a lot. Have been stopped 3 times already by people wanting to test the N9 out as i got the phone some days before the Finnish release.

I actually got exactly the same feel i had when i got myself ipod touch 1G(my first experience with iOS).
I have never liked the people that Apple seems to gather around it and some decisions they make, but in deep down i really don't always care about the "power user needs this and that" mentality that work against Apple. Even when Apple puts you to use certain service or the UI element, while i would want to do it"manually", as a whole the Apple way sometimes works better after actually using it..... iTunes is still sh1t.

Feel same way about N9... Nokia Link is sh1t too actually.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
OMG!
I just want an N900 in a new and improved version of it (HW & SW, and zero functionality lost) but It will exist only in my dreams, too bad! ATM duno what to buy, all the phones out there including N9 don't cover my expectations :s

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrancamos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Australia
I got a few problems with my n9, did anyone have the same problems?:

1. Youtube video shows weird time on the left bottom: playing 59 seconds video display 30:59 and playing 5:55 min video shows 35:55

2. Camera and video have a lot of noise indoor(even in my room with light turn on) and got worse under low light surrounding.

3. Facebook apps keeps on crashing and not stable

4. Keyboard experience lag, when typing the displayed letter takes times to show up

5. Email notification only alerts with sound for the first email, not for the second and so on..

I got it from harvey norman 16Gb cyan.. DId anyone have the same problem? Please help..

how can i select text in browser and email etc to copy/paste?

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by GunsNRoses View Post
12. You can not use the Music Player in Landscape mode, and most application doesn't work in landscape mode.
I see that is like n900, but this time we have only portrait, and one thing about fm transmitter - n9 has it on its motherboard (bluetooth chip) but it's not supported by software, kind like fm radio in n900

Originally Posted by GunsNRoses View Post
Hi Friends,

If you guys own Nokia N9 and found any interesting feature or limitation, please share it here.

I think Nokia needs to release a serious update & OVI Support.
Nice Thread... Bro... much helpful to know N9
can you tell that the following apps fo N900 works on N9 or not

1) Preenv
2) Easy Debian.. 2.1) if it does can we execute "debbie commands"
3) cute tube (i guess its supported )
4) opera
5) spb tv
6) free office softwares like "freoffice" openoffice" or similar
7) emulators like ME,VGB,VGBA,PICODRIVE & All
8) download support from sites like Rapidshare,Megaupload & all
9) download support for all extensions eg avi,zip,rar,png & all
10) archive managers (if available)

P.s. - and pls UPDATE your answer on your FIRST post as it will be really helpful for Potential Buyers

Originally Posted by butilities View Post
I got a few problems with my n9, did anyone have the same problems?:

1. Youtube video shows weird time on the left bottom: playing 59 seconds video display 30:59 and playing 5:55 min video shows 35:55

2. Camera and video have a lot of noise indoor(even in my room with light turn on) and got worse under low light surrounding.

3. Facebook apps keeps on crashing and not stable

4. Keyboard experience lag, when typing the displayed letter takes times to show up

5. Email notification only alerts with sound for the first email, not for the second and so on..

I got it from harvey norman 16Gb cyan.. DId anyone have the same problem? Please help..
I have issue no. 3 ... & 5... 1 i have tested and seems ok for me but result is extremely poor like watching 320p or even less. 2 I haven't tested yet.. will try today... 4 seems ok for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to GunsNRoses For This Useful Post: