Active Topics

I found several news reports that T-Mobile is offering a $30-a-month prepaid deal exclusively through Wal-Mart in US starting today. Report say it gives users unlimited data and text plus 100 minutes of talk. So far I have not found it at the walmart.com site. Anyone found it or know anything more?

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Gerald101 View Post
I found several news reports that T-Mobile is offering a $30-a-month prepaid deal exclusively through Wal-Mart in US starting today. Report say it gives users unlimited data and text plus 100 minutes of talk. So far I have not found it at the walmart.com site. Anyone found it or know anything more?
I just happen to notice this on T-mobile site. One of the plans sounds like what you described. (check the "web only offer")

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Alabama
The plan will be available from Wal-Mart and T-Mobile. The "Unlimited" data is actually 5GB with the $30 plan (100 minutes, unlimited texts). Then they drop your speed to 2G if you go over the 5GB data amount. It's a heck of a deal if you don't need many minutes. Through in the fact you can use Skype from the N900, you don't really need a lot of minutes.

mscion is correct about the T-Mobile website. The offer went live yesterday the 16th.

Last edited by jzgenx19; 2011-10-17 at 18:12. Reason: left out information

Thank for the links. Now I need to figure out how to get it. I'm already a T-mobile prepaid customer.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
I switched to prepaid about a year ago, but with this news, I think I might try this plan out. 5GB is still kinda low for 1 month of use. I think it should be 5GB per day, then 2G downgrade afterwards. But I think it's an okay plan.

I also have seen this new Family plan thing at Walmart the other day called WebPack, but it's broken down to like $10 for 200MB of data/web access. I was there to look for the regular T-Mobile refill cards to use for web2go, but the WebPack cards were the only ones I saw.

Anyway, I might still consider that unlimited plan offer though.

// Roth

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Earth
This is relevant to my interests. Especially when combined with GVoice/The One Ring