Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Hi Marxian,
Just wanted to ask whether you will add the possibility to set the privacy status to the uploading feature. Currently, I can upload files from Cutetube, but I can't set it to private or not listed - need to open YT in the browser for that.
That feature has previously been included, but I removed it when I discovered that it wasn't working. The </private> tag was being set when uploading, but for some reason it didn't take effect. I didn't want users to believe their videos were being uploaded as private when in fact they were not. I will try to fix it and reintroduce the feature.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
hi marxian!

given that maemo is on it's way out, but i'd like to keep my n900 for a good few years, is there anyway for me to change the youtube download url in cutetubeqml if youtube change things as they've done in the past?

i just have this fear that if you ever abondon maemo too, i'll be stuck with this rolls royce that won't start ...
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Yes, but you would need to recompile the application afterwards, because the url-grabbing code is written in C++. I don't think that you need to worry, though. I'm keeping my N900, too.
Thanks gawd for that!

I'm keeping mine too. I'm getting another secondhand one so I can experiment with it more.

But Android and the Motorola Milestone 2 is gonna be my next phone though I'm never getting rid of the N900. I bet there is no YouTube program anywhere near as good as as CuteTube on Android.

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Thanks gawd for that!

I'm keeping mine too. I'm getting another secondhand one so I can experiment with it more.

But Android and the Motorola Milestone 2 is gonna be my next phone though I'm never getting rid of the N900. I bet there is no YouTube program anywhere near as good as as CuteTube on Android.
The official YouTube client on Android is quite nice, though I find the UI to be a bit cramped, especially in landscape mode, where you can often only see one video in the list at a time, because most of the space is taken up by other things. Also there is no download feature. It does look more polished than cuteTube, though I think the N9 version takes care of that one, as well as having a lot of backend improvements and some new features. I'll be porting that to the N900 once Qt Components become more mature on Freemantle. I haven't tried any third-party YouTube applications on Android, so I can't comment on those.

I can't say I blame you for going Android. I prefer Maemo, but seeing as Nokia have now decided to 'outsimplify the iPhone', there isn't much choice out there for anyone wanting a new device.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
That feature has previously been included, but I removed it when I discovered that it wasn't working. The </private> tag was being set when uploading, but for some reason it didn't take effect. I didn't want users to believe their videos were being uploaded as private when in fact they were not. I will try to fix it and reintroduce the feature.
Some while ago, I used to use the Maemo built-in sharing client for uploading video to Youtube (which imo is pretty much the coolest way EVAR to share videos ) via that sharing plugin made by Pixelpipe (now disappeared from Ovi store). That one had exactly the same problem, it offered the option to make an upload private, but the setting wouldn't actually take effect. Also it never implemented the "not-listed" privacy setting.
Same is true for the "official" Youtube sharing plugin that replaced it in the Ovi store. This one's still there, but doesn't work as it's out of date.
Marxian, don't you wanna make a fresher version of that sometime, one that's compatible with the current Youtube? That would be a truly awesome addition to cutetube!!
In fact, if you're not interested, I'm gonna throw this out there as a request to whoever still feels bold enough to add new things to old Maemo

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
very good client.
my biggest ever thanks to author )

The Following User Says Thank You to wow23 For This Useful Post:
just got my 2nd n900, tried this app and loving it but i got the same problem as the guy from the previous page that the widget doesnt load my subcriptions...

Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
just got my 2nd n900, tried this app and loving it but i got the same problem as the guy from the previous page that the widget doesnt load my subcriptions...
It seems that none of the feeds that require authentication (favourites, uploads and subscription videos) are working. It must be an issue with using the access token. I probably broke something in one of the cuteTube updates. I'll have a look at the widget code and see if I can fix it. I'm not allowed to update the main application until the MeeGo Coding Competition voting is completed.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Still no go with downloading Youtube videos.
One that I have been trying to download tonight is Lifehouse All in. If anyone could try that one and let me know if you have any success with downloading it.
If it works for you, then I'm gonna reflash this weekend, because everything else I've tried hasn't solved the issue.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Still no go with downloading Youtube videos.
One that I have been trying to download tonight is Lifehouse All in. If anyone could try that one and let me know if you have any success with downloading it.
If it works for you, then I'm gonna reflash this weekend, because everything else I've tried hasn't solved the issue.
I was able to download that video without any problem. It sounds to me like you might have some filesystem errors in MyDocs. I have had this in the past, where some directories became read-only.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
I was able to download that video without any problem. It sounds to me like you might have some filesystem errors in MyDocs. I have had this in the past, where some directories became read-only.
OK thanks for the reply. Any ideas how to check?

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube