Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
shishtox ; should be noted that it doesnt run meego, but maemo6 renamed meego harmattan. reviews ive read have all had faulty or incomplete info in them. link me some reviews and i can dissect them for you if you want.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Can someone who's been brave enough to enable dev give me the output of the following on an N9:
Code:
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Sync over USB seems not possible currently...

BUT: Sync with local Outlook items works over Bluetooth! At least under Windows 7.

You pair the both devices and let Windows run through all the setup stuff. Then you open you N9 device in the "Devices and Printers" and then the Bluetooth page for the pairing comes up. There you can select to sync your items.

EDIT: @jalyst I think this is one of the tips that should definitely be in the OP!
Thanks Marrat!!! The beer is yours! Cheers mate!

Bluetooth you say?!?! Thats even better than the USB cable - I must admit that was a very, very big turnoff for me!!

I'm sorry, but in all fairness I think I have to issue a warning to all(many/few?!) of those who are planning to buy the N9, and who intend to use it for business purposes (Outlook Mail and Calendar syncronization). That will NOT be possible if your company is using Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems.

The MDM systems work by installing an MDM app on the device - and without it, the device won't be allowed access to the Mail for Exchange (MfE) server.

As far as my investigations show, the N9 doesn't support this, as there is currently no MDM clients for it.

I've been asking the Nokia people I could get in contact with here on TMO, if it is likely that there will be such a client in the future. But as far as I understand, it is not likely.

Personally I think that is a great shame. I think we've only seen the beginning of MDM, and it will be really interesting to see if this will be a showstopper for others.

Personally I'll check out the opportunity to sync via Bluetooth. The things I'm willing to do to get this phone - it's unbelievable!!

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Sync over USB seems not possible currently...

BUT: Sync with local Outlook items works over Bluetooth! At least under Windows 7.

You pair the both devices and let Windows run through all the setup stuff. Then you open you N9 device in the "Devices and Printers" and then the Bluetooth page for the pairing comes up. There you can select to sync your items.

EDIT: @jalyst I think this is one of the tips that should definitely be in the OP!
Woo-hoo, it works! Thanks for the tip. I had to first bang my head against the tree for a while, before I noticed to update my laptop's bluetooth drivers & software. After that it worked like a thought.

However, as I had synced same calendar entries first via my E71, I have now double entries in N9's calendar. But that's a small prize to be paid....

The Following User Says Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Anyone know if it can support openvpn?
Stock Android can't due to missing kernel module.

aka. does it contain the tun module (tun.ko)

Originally Posted by MortenS View Post
Thanks Marrat!!! The beer is yours! Cheers mate!

Great, where can I redeem it?

I have to admit that I stole that solution from the Whirlpool.net.au forums, where someone came up with this in the Nokia N9 thread. But it's definitely not a bad idea to have it also here...

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
One feature i would like to have on N9 is to use the standby screen to show the upcoming calendar and To - Do say for the next 3 days. Right now Calendar is pretty useless without being shown anywhere like a widget in symbian phone
I think the same. I use Calendar Home Widget in almost an entire desktop today in my n900.

Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
I think the same. I use Calendar Home Widget in almost an entire desktop today in my n900.
Showing the upcoming calendar entries as some kind of widget works with this "workaround": Go in the calendar to the upcoming view and then just swipe away to have it in the multitasking view (seen in the picture at the top left)

For me, this is perfectly fine.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
thats how i use calendar and anything i wish to be widgeted.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slai View Post
thats how i use calendar and anything i wish to be widgeted.
Yeah, works quite well actually... I like it even better than widgets, but I have to say that I never really used widgets in the past... But as everything it's a matter of personal taste.

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post: