Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Some people think they're smart for being able to avoid expensive things.

Some people are smart for being able to afford the expensive things.

At the end of the day, everyone comes up with their own reasons and explanations for the things they've done.... and most would say that they "wouldn't have done it any differently."

c'est la vie.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by StevieJobz
I told you I was sick.

Originally Posted by Spike Milligan
vi_ is a tombraider
couldn't resist.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Yes goodbye Adolf 2.0

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to turbovomit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
R.I.P Steve.

Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
A very good friend of mine, who practically is an Apple convert -- mind you, educated, good with tech/computers (went from building his own Windows machines in the 90's to Linux to Mac) -- told me once he likes the feeling of opening up his Macbook in a public place like a coffee shop, that it makes him feel like he "belongs to a group". At first I laughed, then got irritated and finally argued with him for 2 hours..
Makes me cringe reading that. Sound like typical sheep behaviour, they tend to group in herds. I never cared about Apple, they have nothing to offer me. I never cared about Jobs, I don't care about him now. Yes it`s bad for anyone to go at 56. That's all.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to philh For This Useful Post:
I agree with Dan, while Steve Jobs was a brilliant businessman, he was not an inventor. Hell he wasn't even a (decent) developer.
I also heard the news reporter likening him to Edison; and how he changed the world in a similar way by bringing something revolutionary (ie Light Bulb=iPhone).

But it is ironic that Edison was a dirty businessman with a quick wit. He didn't invent the bulb, he found a way to make it cheaper and patented it, and took on a world of popularity.

So I'm not trying to undermine the man, but this whole thing reminds me of Michael Jackson. Before his death, he wasn't a very likened man, remember the child sex charges? And after he died, there was so many onion rings that it stunk the entire civilizations.

And people saying "have a good time in heaven" must be joking. And also "We'll see you soon" is just as creepy. All you should do is pay your respect and condolences and move on (sorry to be the bitter part of the bittersweet sensation).

There's also a circling rumour saying he had died days/week before, but Apple chose to keep it under wrap, and they made it public several hours after the i4S was showcased.
That doesn't make sense!!!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
R.I.P Steve Jobs i`m not an apple fun, but have respect for steve, did a great job.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by turbovomit View Post
Yes goodbye Adolf 2.0
Sometimes idiocy can reach truly amazing levels.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Did we just have a Godwin's law sighting in a TMO thread?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:

Tags
r.i.p., steve jobs