Active Topics

hi, i'm happy to see my n900 playing 720p trough osso-media-player and recording video 1280x720@30 fps.. thank you for your work. maemo as best comunity ever... i've used my ubuntu-powered netbook to mount n950 root fs

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
No way AFAIK, Harmattan rootfs loopback image is 4GB in size and most probably its creation is what causes reboots. You can edit the script so loopback image file to be created on your SD card (if you have one). In the very beginning of the script there is a variable called MYDOCSTMP, you can change it to point to a temporary directory on your SD card. Maybe that will help.

Anyway as soon as I complete last (hopefully) patch for DSP driver I will upload a new script which will contain tweaks that should allow your (and others facing reboots) devices to stay alive under heavy I/O load. Just a little patience.
I had the famous reboot that's been appearing in this thread. Once it happened, after loooooong 4 hours, I tried to play any video file....nothing (a bit pissed off after waiting for so long with no result, but oh well). So, I restored all the old libraries and my N900, unfortunately, still refuses to play any video file.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
If you have 7z symlink problem just remove 7z* from /usr/bin and link directly to 7zr in /opt/maemo/usr/lib/p7zip (no need for p7zip-full).
Something like:
cd /usr/bin
sudo rm 7z*
sudo ln -s /opt/maemo/usr/lib/p7zip/7zr 7z
sudo ln -s /opt/maemo/usr/lib/p7zip/7zr 7za
sudo ln -s /opt/maemo/usr/lib/p7zip/7zr 7zr

should allow to at least extract .7z files in Midnight Commander.
This fixed my problem. I am now able to play videos at 720p (like the test video of the first post) but i can't record it.

Everytime i try to run the code you give in the first post it always says

"-sh:gst-launch-0.10: not found"

Did my instalation missed something?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
I had the famous reboot that's been appearing in this thread. Once it happened, after loooooong 4 hours, I tried to play any video file....nothing (a bit pissed off after waiting for so long with no result, but oh well). So, I restored all the old libraries and my N900, unfortunately, still refuses to play any video file.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=77695&page=26

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
This fixed my problem. I am now able to play videos at 720p (like the test video of the first post) but i can't record it.

Everytime i try to run the code you give in the first post it always says

"-sh:gst-launch-0.10: not found"

Did my instalation missed something?

Thanks in advance
sudo gainroot
apt-get install gstreamer-tools

The Following User Says Thank You to knobby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I can successfully record in 720p and play my recorded 720p videos by:
gst-launch-0.10 -v v4l2camsrc device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=1280, height=720!dspmp4venc !avimux!filesink location=test.avi

to record and

gst-launch-0.10 -v v4l2camsrc device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=1280, height=720!dspmp4venc !avimux!filesink location=test.avi

to play

Videos are very smooth indeed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon...
is there any tweak going to be made in camera-ui to enable 720p recording in near future...
using x-term to record without display is quite weird....thanks

Thanks for the hard work in bringing the accelerated codecs to N900 fremmangordon. But damn you for making me hack and instrument your first script most of yesterday, so I wasn't writing colon-files to FAT or running out of disk space between steps

-----

There seems to be a problem with h264 m4v playback if the system hasn't rebooted in a while. Videos will hang in both OMP and the stock Media Player, and dmesg will log a "dspbridge: timed out while waiting for mailbox" error.

I have 13 h264 m4vs (480x320, h264+aac) that exhibit this problem. My h264 avis (similar resolution, h264+mp3) have no issues. Power-cycling or forcing a soft reboot with rmmod dspbridge both fix this issue temporarily.

Other info: lv 850:60,500 max, kp49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by knobby View Post
@freemangordon...
is there any tweak going to be made in camera-ui to enable 720p recording in near future...
using x-term to record without display is quite weird....thanks
Man, just about a week ago it was not possible even in xterm. Beleve me or not but making this possible took me about half an year, you can check on kernel-power thread when were my first posts about 720p. To conclude - patience.

BTW you can keep an eye on camera-ui thread for more details.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Man, just about a week ago it was not possible even in xterm. Beleve me or not but making this possible took me about half an year, you can check on kernel-power thread when were my first posts about 720p. To conclude - patience.

BTW you can keep an eye on camera-ui thread for more details.
6 Months ... Oh Jesus..!!
But thanks a lot for making my n900 a competitive phone once again...

and yeah i just joined community only this september...so didnt know..

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player