Originally Posted by cyberghost View Post
I haven't seen any thing that crashes too often as my N800. The browser will crash once out of 4 times I open it. Wifi connection always drops doesn't matter whose network I connect to. I may try the oqo 02. $200 price tag is very nice but what scene does it make if it doesn't always work. I am still running latest 2007 OS and like the form factor of the N800 very much.
I understand what you say, sometimes my N800 makes me crazy too, but I LOVE it. I understand its limitations and the iT understand mines.

What I realized after using the tablet everyday for almost the year is that the Flash experience sucks, specially with the MicroB browser. Heavy use of this component in some sites make the iT unstable and ready to crash the browser with 100% of CPU usage.

But hey! You won't find any better browser experience for this size and this price tag on the market.

And the connection dropping issue is not ok. Actually, that part of the tablet is very stable. Why don't you try the OS2008 to see what happens?

The Following User Says Thank You to amigokin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
I wish people would just explain their problems and ask their questions without being jerks about it. It really makes me feel like NOT getting involved. I'm going to follow that instinct.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I've had my N800 for almost a year, and I've never seen the error message
"internal error, application web closed"

That makes me think that the op has done something to contribute to the delinquency...

Come to think of it, the op doesn't even mention os2008. Maybe he doesn't know about it, and has just dropped in to devastate us all with his trenchant criticism. Or maybe he's one of those who doesn't know how to reflash his N800, which is what I'd do if I had inexplicable problems that other N800 users don't have.

Last edited by geneven; 2007-12-18 at 06:57.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Actually, the 'internal error' error used to be quite common. So I think the advice to flash to the latest fw without restoring from backup is spot on.

And for what the tone of his post is concerned; a device that doesn't do what you might expect can drive you nuts.

@cyberghost: if you want help here, please ease up.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
i just got my n800 and since im a hacking addict i have done unspeakable with my device, i have stressed it boyond imagination (exageration) and i have tested its capabilities, and it only crashed the browser once but no message, the only problem i see with it is the app manager can't install everything which makes no sense but it works eventually.

as for wireless- my bedroom is ~100ft away from the router and there are 3 walls(1cement2pladour*)in between. My laptop get a max of "low" or 2 bars----my n800 gets all, perfect connection, fast and reliable.

Man where did u buy yours???? it might be deffective? or did u gt so dumb u actually killed it?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Ancaster
I love my N800 (OS 2008 Beta) only bugs are a few crashes and GPS (Bluetooth ext) takes 3 hours every time to locate! Can't wait of rthe OS 2008 full version I am getting my sone one for Christmas. Never had any WiFi disconnect!? totally stable that way.

I love my N800, but I gotta say:
- a Linux computer ought not crash. My whole machine goes down about once a week, and apps are always crashing. The machine going down looks like dud drivers. Sure hope OS 2008 fixes that;
- the application manager is *awful*. When a repo is down, it ought to just give me a message and skip it, not just *stop there*. And the message ought to offer me the option of turning off the repo right there, not make me play "hunt the repo" based on the error message
- there are numerous ways in which the Nokia engineers clearly haven't really got the whole "human factors" or "user friendly" thing. eg the BT icon that disappears when you turn BT off, which I understand is *still* not fixed in 2008. Or the tortuous path to change something like the proxy settings (which are, even then, set "per connection" with no global setting available).

I could go on. It's a great device, nothing like it. But Nokia isn't even on the same planet as Apple when it comes to spit and polish. Sure, who is? But they're not close to, say, Ubuntu, either.

Perhaps the tablet market is small enough that Nokia can't put the resources into it that it would need to fix this stuff, and I should be grateful that we have the N800 at all. I certainly am grateful, and I suspect that this is likely the explanation.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Just when I thought the flamebaiting had gotten stale...

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
Nice thread ... but let's just focus on the discount codes availability

mwahaha salt on the wound

The only thing that crashes often on mine is Skype. I'm running the latest OS2007 version, with maybe a dozen add-on apps that I use moderately frequently.