Active Topics

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Not being Linux-born or -raised, I've stumbled and stopped several times in my Maemo development efforts.

So I was really glad to see Pete Savage's how-to on setting up a Nokia N800 development environment at his blog, silentk::cbx33. It looks to have the right level of detail without being overwhelming.

I'm working on three projects right now -- making a dictionary extension that will work with microB, porting and Hildonizing XML Copy Editor to the Internet Tablets, and attempting to get the OpenBerg Lector extension to work with microB. I'll post periodically on my progress with these efforts.

In the meantime, thanks, Pete! Great timing for me!
Read the full article.

Have to check that post out ...

In the meantime, did you see the spellcheck that's available for microb now? Not exactly what I think you want as far as a reference dictionary, but a good start for checking your text.

http://browser-extras.garage.maemo.o...ds_os2008.html

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
If you are just looking about a text editor with syntax highlight for xml, pygtkeditor will do that soon.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
If you are just looking about a text editor with syntax highlight for xml, pygtkeditor will do that soon.
Cool!

I happen to think XML Copy Editor is fantastic in a whole lot of ways, so my porting it to Maemo is more from affection for it than it is from unhappiness at the available options.

Roger

PS: The description page at khertan.net doesn't mention xml syntax highlighting, but I think that's a great feature people would want to know about.

OpenBerg on a microB ? That would be nice. Keep us informed !