Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by neboja View Post
khm... reposting
Do you mean using the desktop wallpaper as the lockscreen backgound?
If yes: I don't know where the desktop wallpaper is but probably it's just a symbolic link to the real file.
If this is the case you can set this as the backgound in the config file.

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I guess, he wants his background to be exactly the same as the current desktop's one. So there could be up to 9 backgrounds, that change depending on the desktop...
P.S. Which i personally find unattractive, since in my opinion, the background should be tied to the THEME.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
I noticed now that the latest update crashes when changing playlist (I didn't test it too much).
I'll fix this ASAP, wait for the next release to update.
Sorry for this problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I would like to request the feature to fetch custom text either from a file or by passing it to qtlockscreens cache. Would add alot of options to have shell scripts doing all the process then just feed the lockscreen with the information somehow. Then you can make a widget with text + result.

The Following User Says Thank You to antezz For This Useful Post:
Uploaded now version 0.1.18

Changelog:
* Fixed: crash when changing playlist

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Jordan
@ sakya

thanx for the updates

I wondering if qtlockscreen can support sliding date , time and other widgets we choose with slider ?

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
Do you mean using the desktop wallpaper as the lockscreen backgound?
If yes: I don't know where the desktop wallpaper is but probably it's just a symbolic link to the real file.
If this is the case you can set this as the backgound in the config file.
YES! exactly that! i was searching trough whole system for where is stored info of desktop background.... but couldn't find it

and i think that it could be interesting, because you could use your theme wallpaper, no matter what theme is, and you don't need to replace manually wallpaper in config file for lockscreen

thx for reading, and if it is doable, than ok, if not... oh well...

YES! exactly that! i was searching trough whole system for where is stored info of desktop background.... but couldn't find it

and i think that it could be interesting, because you could use your theme wallpaper, no matter what theme is, and you don't need to replace manually wallpaper in config file for lockscreen

thx for reading, and if it is doable, than ok, if not... oh well...
Code:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views
Will show you current active desktop and their background images.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
ok, so that means that we can get (extract) data from "schemas" files... or to follow gconf keys and use them, instead of using direct link to image???
i see there is a way to set background from a current one, or one of active desktops, just how???
(this is maybe kinda dumb question, but it is a best out of me , i'm no coder)

ok, so that means that we can get (extract) data from "schemas" files... or to follow gconf keys and use them, instead of using direct link to image???
i see there is a way to set background from a current one, or one of active desktops, just how???
(this is maybe kinda dumb question, but it is a best out of me , i'm no coder)

Code:
gconftool-2 -g /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/`gconftool-2 -g /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current`/bg-image
Will print current wallpaper location. But it will not work in qtlockscreen config file, but it's possible to make a script setting current wallpaper and kill it to refresh qtlockscreen cache. However that would be a ugly hack.