Active Topics

Hi,
I just successfully installed the CSSU on my old N810 and it looks great. The only problem is that I would like to disable the screen rotatation. I have searched and searched but have yet to find a solution. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
John

Last edited by johnpad; 2011-09-26 at 02:39. Reason: Subject title

I'm not sure I understand, if you don't want rotation can't you just not use it? Anyway, adding "-extension RANDR" to Xomap's arguments in /etc/init.d/x-server might do it (untested, it might also make your device unbootable requiring a reflash).

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Brilliant! Works perfectly. As per your suggestion I added
Code:
-extension RANDR
at the end of the ARGS declaration and now everything is locked in landscape mode as I wanted.
(I just created a 0xFFFF image before I applied the CSSU so it was worth the risk).

> I'm not sure I understand, if you don't want rotation can't you just not use it?
The rotation seems to be enabled by default and I could not find a way to disable it. Maybe I need to install Advanced SystemUI or is there another UI for rotation control?
Thanks, John

Originally Posted by johnpad View Post
The rotation seems to be enabled by default and I could not find a way to disable it. Maybe I need to install Advanced SystemUI or is there another UI for rotation control?
ASUI or advanced-backlight.

Not sure why you want to install a program to change rotation if you don't want to use rotation.