Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

my n900 is sick slow since i installed nitdroid...any suggestions?

oohh and one more thing...if i need to overclock my device should i do it with the flasher like i did last time but it was before installing nitdroid.m sure this has been covered somwhere but was not able to find it...

and to **** it all up i havnt been able to connect it to the internet as well via gprs.when i go to add an apn it does not gime and options jus a blank screen under apn
thnx

Last edited by toxicated; 2011-09-23 at 05:35.

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
if i will launch auto installer will it automatically install every thing through internet ? or should i have to copy and paste other files in my docs also. i.e nitroid.tar.b2z etc. and i have a 2gb card will this be enough for nitdroid to install. and one more question where will it automatically auto installer install nitroid. in emmc or in external mmc ? please help me.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2011-09-23 at 07:13. Reason: one more question added

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
if i will launch auto installer will it automatically install every thing through internet ? or should i have to copy and paste other files in my docs also. i.e nitroid.tar.b2z etc. and i have a 2gb card will this be enough for nitdroid to install. and one more question where will it automatically auto installer install nitroid. in emmc or in external mmc ? please help me.
the auto installer install nitdroid on emmc. u can keep the kernel and the tar file in MyDocs. it will automatically install it from there.the micro sd card is of no use. if ammyt sees this post.he will kill himself
BACKUPMENU

The Following User Says Thank You to trisha02 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Melbourne
Could anyone link me to instructions on how to get my overclock back as I installed NITDroid ages ago, but don't really use it much(now have an Android phone from work too)?

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
the auto installer install nitdroid on emmc. u can keep the kernel and the tar file in MyDocs. it will automatically install it from there.the micro sd card is of no use. if ammyt sees this post.he will kill himself
and where can I find the .tar file, is it the one found here : http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/
I'm assuming these are the files I need from there :
N12_UMay.tar.bz2 ?
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb

any others ?

a few other questions :
- after formatting the emmc with the 8/20gb image, do I need to install noitdroid immediately or is it ok to first restore my n900 backup to regular and then install nitdroid ? also I've heard of a 5/23gb image, can I use this instead ?

- if I decide to go with the installer downloading everything over the internet, what is the expected size ? the tar image seems to be ~60mb , so can we say the total would be around 150 mb ? I'm asking because my adsl connection is slow and if the size is not that big I'd rather do the installation using a 3G connection, but I'm limited on traffic size there so any insights would be appreciated.

- I've been facing a problem with the official Nokia repoa (ovi, and 2 others) whre I'm unable to update them, I've been able to solve the issue by using a combination of ssh+tsocks+fapman, but I'm not sure if I can use tsocks with HAM or terminal, so if I need some critical files from there I'll probably get stuck :/, extras/testing/development are all working fine , is it enough ?

- I've always heard about people "rooting" their android devices, is nitdroid "rooted" by default or will i need to perform something extra to root it ?

- multiboot needs to be installed separately by me before hand if I want to be able to keep kp48 and be able to boot into maemo with oc still there ?

Thanks in advance for anyone whol'll decide to take sometime and answer my questions.

Originally Posted by ticktock666 View Post
and where can I find the .tar file, is it the one found here : http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/
I'm assuming these are the files I need from there :
N12_UMay.tar.bz2 ?
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb

any others ?

a few other questions :
- after formatting the emmc with the 8/20gb image, do I need to install noitdroid immediately or is it ok to first restore my n900 backup to regular and then install nitdroid ? also I've heard of a 5/23gb image, can I use this instead ?

- if I decide to go with the installer downloading everything over the internet, what is the expected size ? the tar image seems to be ~60mb , so can we say the total would be around 150 mb ? I'm asking because my adsl connection is slow and if the size is not that big I'd rather do the installation using a 3G connection, but I'm limited on traffic size there so any insights would be appreciated.

- I've been facing a problem with the official Nokia repoa (ovi, and 2 others) whre I'm unable to update them, I've been able to solve the issue by using a combination of ssh+tsocks+fapman, but I'm not sure if I can use tsocks with HAM or terminal, so if I need some critical files from there I'll probably get stuck :/, extras/testing/development are all working fine , is it enough ?

- I've always heard about people "rooting" their android devices, is nitdroid "rooted" by default or will i need to perform something extra to root it ?

- multiboot needs to be installed separately by me before hand if I want to be able to keep kp48 and be able to boot into maemo with oc still there ?

Thanks in advance for anyone whol'll decide to take sometime and answer my questions.
first of all... its not kernel rc4 its rc6 file that you have to put with n12-umay .tar.bz file..

you can use 5/23 gb emmc ..it doesnt matter at all...

the download size is 62.5 + 3.1 mb.. so i recommend you to download via pc and put them both in MyDocs... 3g is good idea but if you have unlimited limit..

thats fine... only extras + testing + devel will do...

no need to root at all.. its already done... (however you need setcpu.zip from first post to ocing)

i think it doesnt matter as the auto installer installs it in the first stage.. (p.s. i already had multiboot installed but it reinstalled it).

actually you solved my problem, unknowingly..
(i.e. (backup-menu) restore after emmc .. please confirm after you do..a backup from it and get all working.. i'm waiting for a confirmation) thank you..

[files list to be put under MyDocs...
1. nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_6-rc6_armel.deb
2. N12_UMay.tar.bz2

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
so i guess i hav to remove backup menu after flashing and backing up things. wont it conflict with multiboot after installing nitdroid?
BACKUPMENU

I'm quite confused by all of this :S

Will this installer format my eMMC and remove my Maemo apps? I'm eager to get NITdroid on my phone but wouldn't want my normal stuff being removed. Also, how much free space do I need to install this? I have a few video files which I will probably get rid of if needed.

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
so i guess i hav to remove backup menu after flashing and backing up things. wont it conflict with multiboot after installing nitdroid?
no, use backup menu for multiboot...
its here.. get all six files and put 'em in MyDocs/[Foldername]

here's the link for 5 of the six files..
[p.s download everything in attachment to the folder]
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=911668&postcount=1

and
root for maemo5
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/rootsh/

and install all of 'em...

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
yesit worked but there are only two options in multiboot. power48 and backup menu. where is the stock kernel option? :S:S
BACKUPMENU

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid