Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
You should be able to view them. They work OK for me.
did you change any account settings from dailymotion website itself
because every time i go to dailymotion.com and try to access explicit content it asks to turn the filter off , so may be this is the problem and i should be able to turn it off permanently from account settings

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by mosh11 View Post
did you change any account settings from dailymotion website itself
because every time i go to dailymotion.com and try to access explicit content it asks to turn the filter off , so may be this is the problem and i should be able to turn it off permanently from account settings
I haven't changed any account settings, and for searches it should not matter because I only provide authentication when accessing favourites etc. Even then, I think the setting used when making the API request will override your account setting.

Is the issue only with playback/download, or are the restricted videos not displayed in the results?

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I haven't changed any account settings, and for searches it should not matter because I only provide authentication when accessing favourites etc. Even then, I think the setting used when making the API request will override your account setting.

Is the issue only with playback/download, or are the restricted videos not displayed in the results?
i realized the problem there are videos in dailymotion that shows only in playlists not in the search i cant find these videos neither on cutetube or dailymotion.com

The Following User Says Thank You to mosh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dunfermline, Scotland
slightly OT:

I use Cutetube on my N900 pretty much daily and love the feel and look of it. I was wondering, how difficult would it be to port to the N8? There are no usable YouTube apps for the N8 and as Nokia saw fit to replace my original N900 for one, I would love to see CuteTube on it. If Qt is the principal language used, it shouldn't be too difficult or am I wrong?

Originally Posted by philheaton View Post
slightly OT:

I use Cutetube on my N900 pretty much daily and love the feel and look of it. I was wondering, how difficult would it be to port to the N8? There are no usable YouTube apps for the N8 and as Nokia saw fit to replace my original N900 for one, I would love to see CuteTube on it. If Qt is the principal language used, it shouldn't be too difficult or am I wrong?

I have tried porting cuteTube to Symbian (using my N8 for testing). When porting the Maemo 5 version (testing on Symbian pre-Anna), I experienced major buffering issues during video playback. There also seemed to be some memory leaks, as I would sometime get 'low memory' error messages and the UI would also start to lag following video playback.

When testing the Meego-Harmattan version on Symbian (using the leaked Belle release), there are no buffering issues, but the memory issues are still there, along with a few bugs in the behaviour of some the components.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dunfermline, Scotland
Can we consider this to be in active development for Belle then or are you not going down that road?

"unable to play videos at 360p quality or higher"

anyone know how to fix that? =(
I searched on the thread, but didnt find it

It seems I can't upload videos with the current version QML. Everytime I try to upload, it stays at 0% percent. I've uploaded before so I don' know what the problem is. Is there a fix coming up in the later versions?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by amadeukaos View Post
"unable to play videos at 360p quality or higher"

anyone know how to fix that? =(
I searched on the thread, but didnt find it
There is atm no fix for that. If you want to play your downloaded videos offline, you should use the "High Quality" setting. Downloading 360p or higher is only usefull when you want to play the video on your pc.

Edit: Maybe It's possible to play videos inside qmltube up to 720p with the DSP patch from Freemangordon?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=999533

Last edited by Trestry; 2011-09-21 at 21:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to Trestry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GreyZeppelin View Post
It seems I can't upload videos with the current version QML. Everytime I try to upload, it stays at 0% percent. I've uploaded before so I don' know what the problem is. Is there a fix coming up in the later versions?
I just tested an upload, and it worked fine. Did you set the category? It will stay at 'starting upload' otherwise. It is (or was, can't remember when/if I changed it) supposed to use 'Entertainment' if none is chosen, but that isn't happening, so it needs to be set in order to work. If you're using the application in landscape mode, you need to scroll down a bit to see the category field.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube