Active Topics

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
My N900 rebooted several times while in sleep during last weeks. It was well charged, nothing heavy was running. The only one similarity I can assume is that there was pages in microb that stayed open for many hours, maybe a day.

AFAIK, there is a watchdog that reboots device if it becomes too unresponsible. Does it leave any logs?

Last edited by int_ua; 2011-11-30 at 18:30.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Drama, Greece
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
My N900 rebooted several times while in sleep during last weeks. It was well charged, nothing heavy was running. The only one similarity I can assume is that there was pages in microb that stayed open for many hours, maybe a day.

AFAIN, there is a watchdog that reboots device if it becomes too unresponsible. Does it leave any logs?
open x terminal and type
sudo gainroot
cat /proc/bootreason

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andreas.k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
and what is
32wd_to
?

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Drama, Greece
its a reboot reason directly connected to strict power management. Do you have smart reflex enabled?Maybe your device is not able to use smart reflex so it randomly reboots. Do you have power kernel enabled? did you install battery patch?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreas.k For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot. Mine is
# cat /proc/bootreason
sw_rst
I assume it's something about 'software reset'. Which still leaves me with almost nothing, gone for wiki.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Yes i have all of this. Well, i'll look into wiki or google for further info. Thanks a lot!

disable smartReflex, uninstall batterypath, and you're good to go. Otherwise, be ready to face wraith of filesystem corruption, which is apparently happening in your device even now
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-09-20 at 21:01.

I only have batterypatch (separate package for non-KP). But IIRC reboots happened before I installed it a few days ago. I also have swappolube with recommended settings.

Finally found (I've searched it before posting) another useful thread, reading it:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52722

Last edited by int_ua; 2011-09-20 at 21:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
good command to keep handy that. i got the boring pwr_key though i can't remember turning it off lol