Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

yes its working great now its very easy thanks thanks . only wait for phone and sms to work now... you are great !! and all off you how working whit nitdroid of curse !! thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to fe_20 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Portugal
hi all, well ive been trying to install nitdroid umay for a while now lol and i just cant get it to work...just flashed my n900 and wanted to try again and it always gives me an error.. this time i got it written in case someone knows how to solve it... pressing 3 for nitdroid came with this error Root filesystem mmcblk1p2 not avaiable guru meditation #00000025.62017712any help on this?

Originally Posted by crazyon3 View Post
hi all, well ive been trying to install nitdroid umay for a while now lol and i just cant get it to work...just flashed my n900 and wanted to try again and it always gives me an error.. this time i got it written in case someone knows how to solve it... pressing 3 for nitdroid came with this error Root filesystem mmcblk1p2 not avaiable guru meditation #00000025.62017712any help on this?
ill have thats problem befor too.. but when ill install nitdroid-installer 0.2.8-8 and uninstall first and then install it again. every thing works.

The Following User Says Thank You to fe_20 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Do this autoinstaller download the latest ofono from the repository? (the latest one tries to resolv multi-sms problem)

installed it last nyt..didnt work for me agn...got the same guru meditation error.....crap!!!!!reflashed agn tday...another attempt!!
letd see..

I have two questions..

1. Is it neccessary to flash with Custom emmc i already have more than 900mb for application installation.

2. And if its really neccessary, can I backup with backup menu on stock EMMC and restore it when i flash it with custom emmc (of 5gb), and get back to normal. (please tell me if you have done this or know it would be successful)

P.s I'm asking this because i installed nitdroid about 10 times, it was successful all the times but then I restarted the mobile to get maemo or I worked for more than 5 minutes in nitdroid it gets stucked and had to force restart and I finally have to reflash, please help me as this is my primary phone, I like to use nitdroid (for games) and maemo (for other functions) together.

Any help will be appreciated.,..

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Australia
Installed this, it is working great! The auto-installer is amazing, thank you so much

Only problem I had was the error "root file system mmcblk0p2 not available guru meditation 00000025.62017712", but I googled and found out I had to take out my wimpy 2gb microSD card. Worked instantly when I turned it back on.

Unfortunately, I can't get my wi-fi to work, it worked for a few minutes, now it says 'Not in range', and it refuses to connect (never had a problem in Maemo). Haven't found a solution yet...

Text messages work. Phone calls work; but no sound on either end. Wasn't even expecting that much, honestly.

Again, thanks heaps. I've only had my N900 a month or so (yep, a bit late to the party), so everything is still exciting, but this is just fantastic.

Okay!!finally after hours of reflashing,min ****ing and random out burst of anger....i have been able to install nitdroid for my n900.after alot of paitence,hard work and learning i have been able to do so.not to mention the great help ammyt and vetsin have been to me.it would have defntly not been possible without thier level of commitment and dedication to keep the thread running and help as many people as they can.u guys have the utmost respect from me...the new installer works jus fine.

thank you mates!!
Now this calls for a cold one...cheers!!

Ohhh n btw if u wonder how does is run....smooth like silk panties!!!

Be paitent as it is a long process specially if u have a slow internet connection.

Cheers!!

The Following User Says Thank You to toxicated For This Useful Post:
Which files need to be at the root directory so I can use the autoinstaller?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by Bramji View Post
Which files need to be at the root directory so I can use the autoinstaller?
Nothing, but you may place Umay in ./MyDocs
N12_Umay.tar.bz2
nitdroid-kernel...blablabla...rc6.deb

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid