Closed Thread
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by magellan94 View Post
Hi all.

I've read many posts here, but i'm not sure ('cause i'm french... and bat writing english):

My problem is quite strange. When i use any app, or when i receive a call, if the autorotation activates, i get a total mess on my dashboard. It's like the system tries to rotate the whole screen, and try to make an organization of the shortcuts. Badly... it is unusable. If i move again the phone, i get the horizontal "normal" mode, and eveything is back.

Has someone experienced something like this? May i tweak a file/parameter something to get my normal dashboard again?
That is what everybody was asking for, a portrait desktop. Just edit the shortcuts while on portrait and they will stay that way while in portrait. When you switch back landscape the icons will go back to where they were while on landscape (and vice-versa). Both positions will be saved.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
That is what everybody was asking for, a portrait desktop. Just edit the shortcuts while on portrait and they will stay that way while in portrait. When you switch back landscape the icons will go back to where they were while on landscape (and vice-versa). Both positions will be saved.
Yeahhhh!!!
Thx! i didn't knew that... and, to be honest, i wasn't waiting for this great feature, because i thought that was too late to get a so nice improvment!

Thx for the answer, and as bigger thx to the devs

Originally Posted by milos621 View Post
It doesn't work for me. I tried:

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false

and

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool true

Desktop is locked in horizontal orientation.
I somehov solved the problem. Thanks for help.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
one "bug" I noticed on the portrait desktop is that when you add a new widget/shortcut it no longer chooses an empty spot to put it nor it aligns it with the other widgets. It just overlaps on the top left corner.

Removing and readding all my widgets was my favorite way of organizing them.

Hi MAG is there any chance of editing so that internet goes back to before the CSSU16 upgrade as the web browser used to rotate without the roation enabled in browser the benefit of this was if not in full screen we could see the menu button on top easier to switch between many open apps good multitasking! at the moment when certain pops come up even tho browser is in portrait the pop ups show up in landscape with the above mentioned version this wasnt happening either it was working properly in portrait! The current browser also seems to have some problems like sometimes it wont let me scroll to the right of page i can go up and down but it wont go right!
Also is there any chance of enabling the two separate wallpaper one for portrait and one for landscape for same desktop like in CSSU16 so i can set correct way up wallpapers so when the desktop rotates the wallpaper would rotate to correct orientation if correct wallpaper has been set!
Also any chance of having portrait lock please so i can lock ui into portrait and ui would only go into landscape if the keyboard is opened!
please help MAG

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
help me how to fix the CSSU Features Configuration Editor in my N900.i cant open the application.instead I encounter this error:reading the configuration settings gave a fatal Error while loading.not all settings available... Exiting.....

Originally Posted by Dersonne View Post
help me how to fix the CSSU Features Configuration Editor in my N900.i cant open the application.instead I encounter this error:reading the configuration settings gave a fatal Error while loading.not all settings available... Exiting.....
Make sure you have the latest version of the "CSSU Features Configuration" app (its version 2.5-6 I believe).

I used to have that problem but the latest version has an option that says "restore default transition.ini file" or something like that, and after clicking that I no longer had that message and the configurations were shown.

After i install CSSU my homescreen got problem like in picture:

When i switch desktop it has a space very wide between 2 desktop. I want it back to default.
Everybody help me.

Last edited by accountvip; 2011-09-20 at 02:55.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post

Thanks for this information, as i see in the changelog this:

Desktop can be locked to landscape separately (apps will still rotate).

how is possible to lock only the desktop ? Because if i locked from the button orientation lock from the status menu, i have the application Phone locked too

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by milos621 View Post
I somehov solved the problem. Thanks for help.
its not the desktop, a restart helps.. its a bug in the accelerometer but i dunno how to reproduce it.

**Edit.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6996

Last edited by fahadj2003; 2011-09-20 at 06:59.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade