Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by 55effect View Post
If you have problems with Nitdroid closing instead of starting the installation, it's because the bin files have no permission to execute.

To fix this, open the terminal and do this:
root
chmod 777 /usr/bin/nitdroid*
I always care about permissions prior compiling the .deb but looks that I missed this in the last one, probably because of the rush. BUT, stop using any installer, I have just compiled a new one, testing with the volunteers and releasing it tonight.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
I tried to install with the new auto-installer but after clicking on the android and opening terminal it keeps asking for a password.

But I cannot enter anything and when I press enter closes.

Nevermind I just read:

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I always care about permissions prior compiling the .deb but looks that I missed this in the last one, probably because of the rush. BUT, stop using any installer, I have just compiled a new one, testing with the volunteers and releasing it tonight.
I will wait for the new installer

And from vetsin's quote, you should have Maemo extras, testing, and devel repos all enabled before running the installer, have fun!

i just place the kernel nd the tar file in MyDocs? just that will do before opeing the installer? can someone tell me which is the latest kernel version? will it also work if n13 releases?
BACKUPMENU

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i just place the kernel nd the tar file in MyDocs? just that will do before opeing the installer? can someone tell me which is the latest kernel version? will it also work if n13 releases?
Yes WTF?! I said that a billion times for crap's sake. Put N12-Umay.tar.bz2 and the rc6 kernel in ./MyDocs if you want to.
I was going to update it to install N13 but since you're freaking annoying me with your 13billion posts about that, I won't now, happy?
WTF? Use logic!
Will it get updated bla bla bla?
Use fckin' logic! Can you think of a reason of why it won't get updated?

I always wanted to stop me from adding anybody to the ignore list, but looks like I can't hold it no more, trisha02 bye bye.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
sir amyt.. what if i had instaled previous your nitdroid instaler... how to remove that?

Originally Posted by dignified View Post
sir amyt.. what if i had instaled previous your nitdroid instaler... how to remove that?
apt-get purge nitdroid-installer
BACKUPMENU

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
And from vetsin's quote, you should have Maemo extras, testing, and devel repos all enabled before running the installer, have fun!
I download and installed the installer but had not seen this post re repositories d'oh My Bad and ran installer. It ran fine but for obvious reasons did not install nitdroid. I then added the repositories and ran the installer and it crashes out. I then purgef the installer but it is still in apps and crashes when I run it. I tried to reinstall the installer into the maemo apps manager but it does not install it.

I guess I need to clean the system of all installs and start from scratch but apt-get purge nitdroid-installer does not purge nitdroid.

Is there a fix here?
So very close !
Thanks

ive relash then clean install of new nitdroid auto installer but have no luck... kernel panic happens again.. wew.. nitdroid hates me... i had so many times flashing my phone for that nitdroid..but still im wait for others feedback..

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Anybody tried installing the deb after removing existing Nitdroid?
Did it work? It was tested on a freshly flashed device last night and I haven't restored my backup so can't test it (I'm at work).

INTERNET CONNECTION required during installation.
To those who'll be installing on a freshly flashed device:
1. Make sure you flashed using either the 5GB or 8GB custom EMMC especially if you'll be installing lots of apps for your N900. (this is really just a recommendation but it will save you from frustration in the future) (Google if you don't know how.)
2. Enable extras-devel and extras-testing repository (Google if you don't know how).
3. Download NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-7.deb provided above to the "Nokia N900" folder (a.ka.a MyDocs). Clicking it will install a Nitdroid Installer.
4. Once installed, click the Nitroid Installer. This will open an X-terminal window. Confirm whenever prompted (you want to install NITDroid using Autoinstaller, right?). This should successfully install NITDroid on your device.
5. Restart your N900 with the keyboard out.
6. Choose NITDroid on the multiboot screen by pressing the corresponding number.
7. NITDroid installed! Initial startup is very slow and touching the Android (you'll know what I'm talking about when you're there) won't instantly show the desktop. Be patient.

Note:
NITDroid is overclocked by default. Use SetCPU, which is on a link at the first page, if you want to change it. (Google if you don't know how).
Kernel Power will be installed. Please check for possible conflict with existing installations. I know an old FCamera/BlessN900 version had problems when I first tried KP46, just update FCam from extras-devel/testing.

I'm not a coder so I can't really troubleshoot, I hope those who can will try to help. The developer of the installer has done his job, let the community takeover and save him from more frustration.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid