Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm not arguing anything. I want to see if people can continue to heap praise upon Elop without putting forward anything concrete.

So far, that's been the only consistent truth in that quest.
You are indeed arguing. The problem is that you have the attention span of a gold fish, and I dare say it is all for the sake of arguing, or else you are just plain stupid. You don't just turn around Nokia in a day. It is amusing to read the arguments here. The N9 and E6 is not due to Elop because it takes years to develop a phone, yet Elop is a disaster because he hasn't turned around Nokia in less than a year. My point was that despite Elop "destroying Nokia", I am getting the best phones from Nokia. You see, the problem is not Nokia or Elop, the problem is that you are a bunch of cry babies and common fanboys that feel betrayed. So you go danramos by getting a droid or iphone and criticize everything Nokia. Pure fanboyism, and it is pathetic.

Nokia had Symbian that costs an arm and a leg to develop and it takes ages. Belle will be excellent, but it comes 3 years too late. Meego is a pipe dream. Maemo is dead. Qt and Swipe are the only things worth going fwd with.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I don't argue with people. Nor do I appreciate being called "stupid". Consider your post reported.

I have no time for your lack of ability to answer a simple question, nor your ham-fisted approach at what civil people call a discussion. I have no patience left for the likes of you or your kind.

Can't discuss? Move aside and let the adults do what you cannot.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
Yeah, and that option is to be eventually bought by Microsoft, as a future MS Mobile Phone Division, delivering Windows Phone 10.5 'It will definitely work for sure this time around' edition.
Ballmer: Windows Phones aren't selling very well, but we're not worried

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/15/b...-but-were-not/

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Symbian's sales were increasing right up until Elop announced he was killing it, they were just increasing at a lower rate than the expansion of the overall smart phone market. It was facing a very gradual erosion of market share because of that, not because sales were going down. Symbian has a very high level of functionality, it's just has a rather fusty UI. NOKIA could undoubtedly have made Symbian sales increase further and faster by upgrading the UI.

Now Symbian Belle can not change anything, no matter how good it is, because Elop has lost the support of carriers and large retailers by announcing Symbian is obsolete. It is that loss of support that has caused the absolute nose-dive we have seen in the last few months.

Within the last week I've received a flyer from Tesco with their mobile phone deals, it had the iPhone, various Android handsets (from HTC, Samsung and LG) and a BlackBerry but there was only one NOKIA handset in the whole pamphlet and that was a Series 40 phone in the cheapo section.

It's a similar story if you pick up the mobile deals brochure from Argos, NOKIA is now invisible.

If you went out specifically to get a NOKIA handset I'm sure you still could but no outlet is trying to promote them anymore.

The change to dual core is because they consume less battery power, not because single core offers inadequate performance. Symbian is expert at sipping power so this wont be a big issue.

The sales of S40 devices has also nose-dived in the last few months, it seems they are tainted by association.

I agree with much of what you said. Keep in mind I know the merits of a 1Ghz processor and symbian's functionality. I was simply pointing out the fact that it regardless it is not high end.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Samsung Overtakes Apple in Smartphone Sales [Europe]

From the article:
Beyond the Samsung/Apple fight, Android has indeed been the number one in terms of overall market share, and there is probably nothing that Apple can do as the iPhone 5 is unlikely to change the trend. The loser in the story? Nokia. Despite a historical strength in that Market, Nokia’s market share is quickly eroding – now the jump to Windows Phone 7 is more than ever a “do-or-die” for the company.

Source: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/09/sam...-sales-europe/
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Samsung Overtakes Apple in Smartphone Sales [Europe]

From the article:
Beyond the Samsung/Apple fight, Android has indeed been the number one in terms of overall market share, and there is probably nothing that Apple can do as the iPhone 5 is unlikely to change the trend. The loser in the story? Nokia. Despite a historical strength in that Market, Nokia’s market share is quickly eroding – now the jump to Windows Phone 7 is more than ever a “do-or-die” for the company.

Source: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/09/sam...-sales-europe/
I have been saying ths long enough on here and the more Nokia slumps the more WP is make or break time for them, Microsoft on the other hand will always pull through obviously and it would be an obvious choice for them to buy out Nokia at the point it becomes the only thing left to do.

Microsoft went in at the exact right time in the life of Nokia, the timing could never have been more precise therefore WP MUST be groundbreaking for Nokia.

Money talks in this world far more than people can without it.

Have you never thought of this as a deliberate plan by Microsoft to own Nokia at a bargain price?.

Nokia may never again get the chance to even be able to choose a new CEO.

well the current ceo is an idiot they better do something quick before nokia loses more market share I honestly dont know what they're doing anymore

Originally Posted by kemar7856 View Post
well the current ceo is an idiot they better do something quick before nokia loses more market share I honestly dont know what they're doing anymore
Yes i agree also and the startling thing about all of this is Nokia under his direction will never produce anything else but WP, daunting or what.

Yes, it's counterintuitive, but that's been the Microsoft Way since forever.

Remember that Microsoft isn't here to make money. Out of hundreds of Microsoft divisions, only two actually turn a profit -- Windows and Office.

All the others serve only as a way of strengthening the Windows monopoly while making other choices less viable.

The same pattern is at work with the Microsoft-Nokia 'partnership'.

Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
@tkatchev
That doens't make a lick of sense to me. Why? Think about it for a sec. So you partner with a hardware manufacturer, and the platform fails. You buy that hardware manufacturer....the platform will succeed?! There's no logic here. You keep losing and so you buy the loser and keep losing some more??! See where I'm going with this? If Nokia wanted their division to be bought, they would've sold it on the get go.

Tags
bada rox, bigbadtroll!, ceo firing, fooled again, pissing contest