Notices

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by sgiessl View Post
The "Open in dictionary" feature does not work for me as well. When I select text and call the menu action, simply nothing happens (not even a message or console output stating that there was an error). I have both mstardict (configured with a few working dictionaries) and fbreader installed, and mstardict is running fine in standalone mode. mstardict integration is enabled in fbreader's configuration. (This is about fbreader on the n900)

Is this supposed to work?
It won't work with the standard version of mstardict - you'll need to download my patched version from here (or apply the patch and compile it yourself).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth, sometimes
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Okay, 0.12.10-22 is uploaded now, for both Diablo and Fremantle.

This adds support for calibre as a network library - you'll need to edit the /usr/share/FBReader/network/calibre.xml file to remove the comment lines (<!-- and -->) and change the server address.

It also stops the popup window from appearing while expanding a collection in the tree browser.

The source code changes can be downloaded from here.

Let me know if there's any issues, otherwise I'll push it to extras-testing next week.
I've been trying to get this to work. It works in that it shows my Calibre books in hierachy "By Newest", "By Title", "By Authors", etc. But I cant actually click on book to download it. When I do nothing happens.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by menno View Post
I've been trying to get this to work. It works in that it shows my Calibre books in hierachy "By Newest", "By Title", "By Authors", etc. But I cant actually click on book to download it. When I do nothing happens.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Not off-hand, no. Unfortunately my desktop system is down at the moment, so I can't test this right now. I'll try it out as soon as I've got it back up & running though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
I can't open fbreader. when i click on menu item there is blank for a while and then nothing shows up. it directly takes me back to the wallpaper. any ideas? plus i tried to look up in usr/bin/FBReader. it says file too large cannot open. is it normal?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I am trying to setup my calibre server as a network library in FBReader.
I have removed the comment lines and changed the server address.

When opening the network library, it brings up the Calibre bit, with the "Open Catalog" link. when I click on that I get an error about being unable to open 127.0.0.1:8080.

This is on both Maemo devices, but my Laptop will open the link fine in a browser?

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
127.0.0.1 refers to the computer you're using at the time. So, on your Maemo device, it would be looking for a network server being run on your Maemo device.

Replace the 127.0.0.1 with the IP address of the machine you're running Calibre on. That might fix it. Keep the :8080 part. (If there's a place to change those numbers)

what happened to fbreader, it appears borked now.

navigation functions don't let me point the program to a new book, or anything for that matter!

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
what happened to fbreader, it appears borked now.

navigation functions don't let me point the program to a new book, or anything for that matter!
Mine works fine. Although I have had issues in the past caused by a corrupted memory card.
On my n810 the first thing I do when fbreader acts up is hook it up via USB and persuade windows to check the disk for errors.

good luck

must have been an update since i last used it because i didn't recognise the colourful gui buttons.

regardless of how i pressed them i didn't seem to be able to get them to do anything useful, and the drop down menu lost some buttons after first use.

solved by reinstalling fbreader, can at least add books now, but still have no idea how the program is supposed to work these days....

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Archangel, Russia
How I can to add in FBReader on N900 my OPDS catalog? Already has looking for it in settings and in ~/.FBReader and found nothing similary. For example, I want to add http://proxy.flibusta.net/opds (biggest collection of books in Russian and some other languages).