Notices

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Hi,

I've just released v2.15 of tablet-encode a simple, but powerful, video conversion utility for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux - anything, in fact, with Perl and mencoder.

This version builds on top of the previous release (which brought much easier DVD ripping) with a simple GUI:

More details on my blog.

Thanks to all the people who contributed ideas and patches in this release, whether here, by email or on IRC. It's very much appreciated.

Further comments are, of course, welcome.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aflegg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Cool I love the gui

only a few things,

When using tablet-encode when you have a gui --help or -h doesn't seem to come up, it just starts the gui.

Also when transcoding video's that already have MP3 audio in them, it seems to put the audio out of sync, I've tried this in Feisty and Gutsy.
The rest of my movie's that are in AC3 all are fine.

Cheers
Thanks for the great program

-Rip

Good point on the help: I did something very stupid. Hopefully I'll get v2.16 out today with a fix for that.

What bitrate to the MP3s in your videos have? There's a feature now that if it's MP3 encoded audio and the bitrate is less than, or equal to, that copy the stream rather than re-encoding.

Can you put one of the videos in question somewhere? How long does it take to get out-of-sync?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Ok, it seems to go out of Sync instantly, I just tried taking a snip 1min30sec snip from the video to upload, ran the test on that and it seemed to work :\ so I repacked the entire video with Avidemux to test it and it seemed to fix the sync issue with tablet-encode, so buggered if I know I'll just repack all my videos that have mp3 Audio.

Cheers

-Rip

Don't repack, this is a problem with tablet-encode we should get to the bottom of (or at least work-around).

What's the bitrate on the audio of the original MP3?

Can you try it from the command line and specify the --index option, which will force the index to be rebuilt? Does that help?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

I've tried using index already and it didn't help what I have noticed though is kinda strange.

The bitrate is standard Mp3 128kbps and 96kpps, I have repacked 3 of the movies already, so I only have one left thats playing up. this is the output even when using -c

Video stream: 364.349 kbit/s (45543 B/s) size: 5467057 bytes 120.040 secs 3334 frames

Audio stream: 46083.835 kbit/s (5760479 B/s) size: 65454887 bytes 11.363 secs

The Audio stream is disgustingly high for some reason, and seems to throw the Audio sync right out. Also it puts the 3min sample up to about 75Mb in size which seems rather large.

I have a feeling it is the movies when they were transcoded even though they play fine of all my media players (so far I have only found 4 that were affected)

anyway hope it makes sence.

Cheers
Rip

heres an attachment of the file being tablet encoded...
hope it helps

Cheers

-Rip
Attached Files
File Type: txt output.txt (2.5 KB, 192 views)