Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by cruster View Post
What problems do you have with Sygic? It works fine for me, but try to add in the blacklist "drive" which is its binary name or "smm10" which is its .desktop name.
The problem i have is because i have disabled auto rotation for sygic (portrait only). With force rotation enabled in transitions.ini sygic crashes when i rotate my phone to landscape. thanks for the suggestion, but drive and smm10 both don't work. Got any other ideas?

When i enable auto rotation in sygic it works fine.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
thanks for the last update and portrait mode, you guys rock!!!

What I would like to see if it is possible is that widgets in portrait mode can have a different size then when in landscape.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_ian84 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico
Thanks, genial aporte!, se agradece.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by mr_ian84 View Post
thanks for the last update and portrait mode, you guys rock!!!

What I would like to see if it is possible is that widgets in portrait mode can have a different size then when in landscape.
That would be useful for OMWeather.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by antezz View Post
Use the flasher to put the phone in R&D mode with disabled watchdogs.

Code:
flasher-3.5 --set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset --enable-rd-mode -R
Then N900 will not reboot, connect to your network and to your N900 with SSH and switch portrait_wallpaper to false.

Code:
gconftool-2 --set /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool false
Now put N900 back into production mode with flasher.

Code:
flasher-3.5 --disable-rd-mode -R
Hi!
Thank You for a really useful post, but i don't understand the part about connecting to my network. I used to connect it via WLAN and used putty or WINScp, but how can i connect it, while the phone being not booted, or do i understand smth wrong?

Proper transitions.ini file in attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip transitions.zip (2.9 KB, 104 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cocon_Power For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
just a note to say Thank you to MAG and the crew.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Hi!
Thank You for a really useful post, but i don't understand the part about connecting to my network. I used to connect it via WLAN and used putty or WINScp, but how can i connect it, while the phone being not booted, or do i understand smth wrong?
You just do as you use to, the problem is that hildon-desktop crashes but hildon-status-menu is working so you can get statusmenu to connect to your network as you usually do. Then you connect with putty and change the gconf value switch off phone and use flasher to get it back into production mode.

Sometimes it might be buggy and you get old window views or something blocking the statusarea just reboot and be sure to just click the statusarea only and it should work just fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to antezz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bzzz View Post
What exactly did you do?
I just tried apt-get install --reinstall, but that didn't help. It's highly annoying that the device isn't stable, so it takes quite some time to go back and do some dpkg --configure -a, and again, and again...
I used this:
flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

I hope you know how to use the flasher 3.5 on your desktop.
its the same like flashing but now you only flash the kernel, nothing else.

you can see the wiki
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Originally Posted by dekkelkamp View Post
The problem i have is because i have disabled auto rotation for sygic (portrait only). With force rotation enabled in transitions.ini sygic crashes when i rotate my phone to landscape. thanks for the suggestion, but drive and smm10 both don't work. Got any other ideas?

When i enable auto rotation in sygic it works fine.
kasvopus doenst work proper too

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade