Active Topics

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo regret.................

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Is it better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all?

...That's how I feel about my unfortunately retired N900, when I compare it to the current competition.
i offend to the term ''retired'' ,overclocking gives you more than 1GH,cssu gives you fast experience,customization gives you a new feel every time you look at your lockscreen,qbw /fm transmitter/battery and speed patch and what not,it is the one and only N900 my friend & wait we still got loads of things in WIP state for N900.so its all on baby !!
ye ,you may say it could be nothing without sucha wonderful community

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Ok here seems like a good place to post that i'm currently selling my n900, see this post http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=76182

I came over to the N900 from an iPhone 1... Regret? What could I possibly regret?

Can you 'make' any program you want (except GL maybe but still possible to port to GLES) on any other phone? I had a dream like 10 years ago of having a full linux box in my pocket. Nokia with N900 made it come true. I'm seriously thinking about buying another one as there are no viable alternatives currently. So to answer your question: no.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
No regrets whatsoever.

Right now, I've had the N900 for 1 year and 9 months. This is a milestone for me since I've been a 5-6 phone a year person for the past 10 years.

The only bad thing about the N900 is that all other phones from now on will be judged based on its capabilities.

No regrets whatsoever. I have concerns that I'll struggle to find a worthy and fully functional replacement when the time comes.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
no regrets here as well.

..and even if I wanted to replace it (or put it aside cause I'm not selling my N900) I wouldn't be able to find a device that betters the maemo5 handset in most aspects.

the N900 is one of a kind.
only the HD2 comes close

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Yeah, so much I got another one...

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
No regrets whatsoever. I've had the device since it first came out and have bought 4 total. And so many thanks to this community, I have learned so much. Just recently learning to create apps using monodevelop on the phone and have learned so much about Linux and still more to learn and explore.

And I own a Apple Macbook and since getting the N900, I have stopped using my laptop for over 1 yr now. Only needing the laptop to reflash the N900's and the occassional use of the Handbrake software and cd burner on the laptop. Luckily for most part using transmission for bittorrents gets me most of what I need.

Last edited by rdwrig0ceo; 2011-09-02 at 20:06.

Tags
nokia n900