Active Topics

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Glad to help, if it's any

By KP, i mean kernel-power. Latest version is KP48 and it works fine, ho ever, latest 100% stable is KP47. Definitely worth installing.

Looking forward to Your reports after reflash
I did a complete reflash, plus cssu and kp 48, overclocked to 900 MHz with Qcpufreq (smartreflex not enabled), no undervolting.
Now the whole internal drive seems to be like "write-protected", i can't save any files to My Docs!

installing apps and everything else works fine, just creating files doesn't work, i get write error. e.g. camera can't save images, text editor can't save files, can't copy .mp3s from SD card to eMMC etc.
Btw I also installed FileBox, and it doesn't see the subfolders in MyDocs, but Hildon file manager does!

How does that ever happen?

?!? No idea, sorry... MyDocs is vfat, so it doesn't handle permission. It seems that it's mounted with wrong parameters...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

I don't understand: "mounted with the wrong parameters". Can I re-mount it with the right ones? When I flashed it, everything was normal, no error msgs or so in Flasher...

looks your mydocs partition went corrupt but thats nothing to worry about i get it all the time (okay only when i try doing crazy i/o access)
these commands should fix it up
sudo gainroot
umount /home/user/MyDocs
fsck -a /dev/mmcblb0p1
then reboot
if you get an error on the umount command reboot the device and try again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LTman For This Useful Post:
I get "no such file" for dev/mmcblb0p1

I guess it's a typo, so I performed fsck -a on mmcblk0p1

Thanks a lot anyway, it worked! YAY!
Dude, I sure hope that's it already with the problems...

Btw. would you say I should wait for Portrait Hildon Desktop to get merged into CSSU, or is it safe to start using it now?

Thanks again!
Ben

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2011-08-30 at 19:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
benny, I got no idea how You managed to have corrupted vfat partition just after full reflash rootfs+emmc. Little worrying.

Anyway, I'm glad you have it fixed and happy now. As for Hildon portrait, I would wait for CSSU update

Of course mmcblk0p1 is ok, and blkb was typo on his side.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
benny, I got no idea how You managed to have corrupted vfat partition just after full reflash rootfs+emmc. Little worrying.
LTman say he gets it all the time (okay only when he tries to do crazy i/o access)... Maybe some if the stuff i did/installed did crazy things too