Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ plymouth, uk
hello again,

Right, so I have decieded that at 2 am this morning I had ENOUGH of os2008. I was on facebook and I just snapped when i had to force close my browser

I tried to install mer and I thought I was succsessfull. The image downloaded and installed the bootloader all went well with no start up loop. Unfortunatly, the mer image wouldnt boot. I installed it on my external sd card to begin with then switched it with my current internal one to see if that would help. Alas, it didn't

Does anyone know how to fix this?

oh, while I'm at it, does anyone else know of any good os' to install on the n800 tablet? Its a shame to leave it in a cupboard to diminish and get dusty.

I've had a go at installing android (by following a thread on this page) and I couldnt make heads nor tale of it , I'm a linux newbie so be gentle.

thanks in advance, Paul

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Don't waste your time with mer, it's long dead.
The only option at the time is diablo+community update+diablo turbo.
Add to that tear and telescope and that's all.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
every passing day Facebook is worse, more heavyweight, slower, less compatible...

I hope they make a standard html web for old devices, and I'll use even in the desktop computer..

Anyway I am using EasyDebian on N8x0, this is not the best OS for a tablet screen but you can use for these apps which doesn´t work on OS2008.

http://bloglon.blogspot.com/2010/06/...-on-maemo.html

Originally Posted by paulio View Post
hello again,

Right, so I have decieded that at 2 am this morning I had ENOUGH of os2008. I was on facebook and I just snapped when i had to force close my browser

I tried to install mer and I thought I was succsessfull. The image downloaded and installed the bootloader all went well with no start up loop. Unfortunatly, the mer image wouldnt boot. I installed it on my external sd card to begin with then switched it with my current internal one to see if that would help. Alas, it didn't

Does anyone know how to fix this?

oh, while I'm at it, does anyone else know of any good os' to install on the n800 tablet? Its a shame to leave it in a cupboard to diminish and get dusty.

I've had a go at installing android (by following a thread on this page) and I couldnt make heads nor tale of it , I'm a linux newbie so be gentle.

thanks in advance, Paul

m.facebook.com is pretty usuable right now. Every 3 months or so they seem to break the javascript but right now it works pretty well.