Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Czech Republic
I have a problem with Facebook authorisation. After I fill the login form and click to "Allow", cuteTube infinitely obtains auth token. But it does not obtain, even after an hour

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
I deleted everything in the database folder to refresh my archive, but now settings etc. aren't saved. Any solutions?

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
oke got it working again but. Now I have an empty archive. What must I do to get the video's back in?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Czech Republic
I think that it isn't possible, because this is stored in database.

The Following User Says Thank You to R@ptor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
As i've said a few times, I love this app - its fantastic!

I thought I would share what I have found up to now with v1.1.1 so that it can be made even better, some of these are questions about possible features i think would be useful...

1) [Bug?] When in archive and you long press to select a song/video, subsequent presses on other videos in the list still open the video instead of selecting it - they all must be long presses. This may be the way you designed it, i dunno, but in the search results its behaviour is any subsequent short presses also selects that video.

2) [Bug] When the phone is on silent (even with headphones plugged in) there is still no sound. The phone has to be put into general.

3) [Feature] When selecting multiple videos in the search results, is it possible to have a download audio button (there is a bulk video one but no bulk audio button) you have to individually select the video to see its description and then select download audio.

4) [Feature] Is it possible to have two seperate areas in the archive - video & audio. Or, even better, the possibly to organise the videos into different sub categories of the archive, user definable?

5) [Feature] A jump to home button? I keep having to press back loads when I've been looking at related videos.

6) [Bug] The previous searches list seems to overlap the first item (so that its text ontop of text) - see attachment.

7) [Feature] We've spoken about this before, but are you planning on adding 'recommended videos' like on YT homepage - I know you said there is a limitation of only showing 8 but i'd really like this one.

8) [Feature] The watch later list and possibly the ability to manipulate it?

9) [Feature] Ability to select (via long press) and then download audio or video from related videos?

10) [Feature] Mainly only useful for audio, but the ability to play back a video (streaming or from archive) and continue to browse around - i see a 'now playing' button appear in my head when I imagine this so that you can easily jump back to the video

11) [Feature] The ability to queue a video to play after the one that is currently playing (relies on point 10).

I hope you dont mind suggestions, you might not like some/all, lol, but hopefully you do. Thats all I can think of for now, any questions or clarification on any of the points and I will explain futher.

Keep up the awesome work marxian!
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
A quick question too - is it possible to remove items from the archive (but not device) and then re-add them again?

Reason I ask is because I had the phone connected to laptop via mass storage, i then forgot about this fact and went to my archive but it couldnt find the videos as the drive isnt mounted.

I disconnected and still have all the files in .cutetube but they are not in archive.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
As i've said a few times, I love this app - its fantastic!

1) [Bug?] When in archive and you long press to select a song/video, subsequent presses on other videos in the list still open the video instead of selecting it - they all must be long presses. This may be the way you designed it, i dunno, but in the search results its behaviour is any subsequent short presses also selects that.
This is a bug. I'll fix this for the next release.

2) [Bug] When the phone is on silent (even with headphones plugged in) there is still no sound. The phone has to be put into general.
I don't think there is a solution for this problem when using QtMobility for multimedia playback.

3) [Feature] When selecting multiple videos in the search results, is it possible to have a download audio button (there is a bulk video one but no bulk audio button) you have to individually select the video to see its description and then select download audio.
There isn't much room for additional buttons in the current UI. I'm planning to start testing the Qt Components version on Maemo once I have it finished for Meego-Harmattan. That version has a menu system that will allow for more options.

4) [Feature] Is it possible to have two seperate areas in the archive - video & audio. Or, even better, the possibly to organise the videos into different sub categories of the archive, user definable?
As above. It's difficult to add further sorting/filtering options without a popup menu.

5) [Feature] A jump to home button? I keep having to press back loads when I've been looking at related videos.
A long-press on the 'back' button will take you straight back to the home screen.

6) [Bug] The previous searches list seems to overlap the first item (so that its text ontop of text) - see attachment.
I have noticed that. I'm not sure what the cause is. It's probably a small QML bug. If you scroll up and down, it will align itself correctly.

7) [Feature] We've spoken about this before, but are you planning on adding 'recommended videos' like on YT homepage - I know you said there is a limitation of only showing 8 but i'd really like this one.
I'm going to add this to the version using Qt Components. I'm not sure about adding more features to the existing Maemo 5 version. It might not be worth it, if I can get the Qt Components version working successfully.

8) [Feature] The watch later list and possibly the ability to manipulate it?
I don't think this can be accessed via the API.

9) [Feature] Ability to select (via long press) and then download audio or video from related videos?
This doesn't add much in terms of productivity. It's basically a longpress vs a click (to get to the info screen), but I may add it to the Qt Components version (it will be easy to do with the ContextMenu component).

10) [Feature] Mainly only useful for audio, but the ability to play back a video (streaming or from archive) and continue to browse around - i see a 'now playing' button appear in my head when I imagine this so that you can easily jump back to the video
Again, I will be adding this to the Qt Components version. I made a few discoveries when writing MusiKloud, which will result in a few nice changes to cuteTube.

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
A quick question too - is it possible to remove items from the archive (but not device) and then re-add them again?
You cannot re-add them once they are deleted, as the archive depends on a SQLite database (which stores the title etc). If you delete a video from the archive, the item is removed from the database. The Qt Components version works differently. It uses the tracker to detect what videos are in the archive folder.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-08-24 at 17:22.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
You have forgot to add swedish language in 1.1.1 :P

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
You have forgot to add swedish language in 1.1.1 :P
Version 1.1.1 was already released before you did the translation. It's included the next update.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Version 1.1.1 was already released before you did the translation. It's included the next update.

okey sorry

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube