Active Topics

but smoku, would like to see a physical keyboard there like n900

Use bluetooth keyboard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Not only it's not GTFO but maybe cordia could be the future of this community. And me too I believe that more comunication to the public would benefit the project.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
SubCoreAs for future devices *if* this project succeed - there will be definitely one, even if Smoku would be not interested in doing so. If really, after this project being what we want it to, no one skilled enough would be interested in gathering 1000 people (remember, 2-3 years after first CordiaTAB, when we need more modern hardware), I would definitely do. For me, community designed hardware is final goal.

Of course it depends on many factors - some of them being voted in near future, as our "roadmap", some of them depending on how this project will turn out...

Just remember. CordiaHD isn't our "only hope". It's one of possible solutions, that seems quite neat for me. But, there is also MeegoCE, for example. Lets separate Operating System thing from hardware thing. We have now few interesting option as OS, but none hardware option. So, we need to create one ourself

First step, by gathering 250 people and buying existing, yet fully compatible device seems all right to me. Nice "proveground" for things like how this project is maintained (communication included ). Then, gaining experiences for this - cause I'm quite sure we will face some unexpected problems - we can try harder approach, with designing our own hardware. So, basically, lets start with easier and "smaller" - but still effective - approach, and then, after learning on it (and using it happily) lets try harder things.
That was inspiring

By beast specifications I meant what Hardkernel did with the Odroid. Cutting edge (not bleeding edge) hardware at an affordable price. but then again they have connections with Samsung.

The Following User Says Thank You to te37v For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Before You propose any hardware for consideration, check if it's 100% compatible with our needs, i.e. got open drivers/modules etc... It would be pity to lack DSP acceleration, for example
I'm not understanding your post here. I wasn't proposing to use the Smart Book for Cordia, but rather I want to get it and get Cordia working on it myself. Which is how other people have been doing with existing hardware/devices and want to use Meego on them, no?

The Following User Says Thank You to canuckkat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by canuckkat View Post
I'm not understanding your post here. I wasn't proposing to use the Smart Book for Cordia, but rather I want to get it and get Cordia working on it myself. Which is how other people have been doing with existing hardware/devices and want to use Meego on them, no?
I am willing to join you. I've just discover I can switch between AIOS, Ubuntu and Android in runtime, just like apps.

That is simply super-cool.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
I am willing to join you. I've just discover I can switch between AIOS, Ubuntu and Android in runtime, just like apps.

That is simply super-cool.
That is super cool! I hope the build quality has gotten better since you got yours though. Fragile things do not live long in my hands lol

Originally Posted by canuckkat View Post
That is super cool! I hope the build quality has gotten better since you got yours though. Fragile things do not live long in my hands lol
Don't expect too much, I will take some photos and post it. I think it is safe you can not expect lesser quality than touchpad v1.

Here are some touchbook v1 pictures:

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

The Mac on one of the pictures is Macbook 6,1

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
just thinking about triple booting meego, android and mer. cooool.......

Tags
cordia, fremantle ux, hildon, maemo 5 ux, meego, sanctuary, the garden