Active Topics

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by nourgomaa View Post
Hy guys!
Lately... i have problem with my nokia n900 internal memory..
I have posted many threads here before with my problem with flashing EMMC, then unable to connect my n900 to the pc in mass storage mode..
But today,, my n900 connected to the pc in mass storage mode perfectly!
I tried to copy files over memory... it copied perfectly too!
but after 1 minute.. the files deleted!
i tried to format the memory on my pc.. windows cannot format it
i tried to format it by disk management.. the same result
i tried many programs like fat32 formatter.. with the same result
and the surprise... i cannot remove files.. edit files... copy files format memory.. or doing anything on the 32gb memory
i read similar thread on nokia Europe discussions and i followed the steps to fix read only problem... but still i have the problem
i don't think that i have read only file system.. because device didn't notify my about this.. and i can copy or move over this.. but the files come back again!
i removed the files manually.... removed
i have removed 14 gb... the it came again !!
please help me fix my n900 i cannot flash EMMC Under any circumstance
Thanks in advance
If you're wanting some help, just stick with the last thread you created with this same topic and follow up on some of the advice given.

First thing, copy/paste the text from the command window when you're flashing so we can see what you're typing and what the result is.

And please, FFS - posting in red/large size does nothing to get your problem fixed any quicker.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Its simply time wastage to protest so much on someone posting messages in fonts that we do not like. Its NOT going to kill you. Ignore it if you dont like it, i have seen worse.

Back to topic:

@nourgomaa: flashing is the solution I would guess. Were you able to flash your n900? Have you tried flashing on a linux machine, can you do that? What OS are you using to flash your device?

@nourgomaa: do not reply in the same red bold fonts .. type like normally everyone does, you will still get help trust me

Originally Posted by abubakar View Post
Its simply time wastage to protest so much on someone posting messages in fonts that we do not like. Its NOT going to kill you. Ignore it if you dont like it, i have seen worse.

Back to topic:

@nourgomaa: flashing is the solution I would guess. Were you able to flash your n900? Have you tried flashing on a linux machine, can you do that? What OS are you using to flash your device?

@nourgomaa: do not reply in the same red bold fonts .. type like normally everyone does, you will still get help trust me
OK..
about the font i've changed it to the normal font..
and about flashing steps i am sure i did the best.. any way the screenshots from my pc in the attachments..
Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: zip screenshots.zip (350.2 KB, 75 views)

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA

Back to topic:

Also, it made his message obnoxious to read... and worst of all, he posted it across threads. Most DEFINITELY worthy of being made fun of.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
OK..
about the font i've changed it to the normal font..
and about flashing steps i am sure i did the best.. any way the screenshots from my pc in the attachments..
Thanks in advance
the computer you are using to flash your device, you sure its usb ports are working fine? Cuz I have 4 usb ports on my laptop, and 2 of them dont work ok, so if I use the broken ports to flash, the connection breaks in between the process and flash is not successful. And which OS are you using? Plus which is your other post where you have asked this question previously?

the computer you are using to flash your device, you sure its usb ports are working fine? Cuz I have 4 usb ports on my laptop, and 2 of them dont work ok, so if I use the broken ports to flash, the connection breaks in between the process and flash is not successful. And which OS are you using? Plus which is your other post where you have asked this question previously?
I tried many operation systems like win 7 32 bit, xp 32 bit and ubuntu
it gives me the same result.
i tried to flash it on another labtop.. the same result..
and finally i tried to flash it on desktop.. and failed!
give me advice please
thanks for replying

Originally Posted by danramos View Post

Also, it made his message obnoxious to read... and worst of all, he posted it across threads. Most DEFINITELY worthy of being made fun of.
hey.. i have changed it to normal font!
stop abusing my topic!

hey.. i have changed it to normal font!
stop abusing my topic!
*pats nourgomaa*

The Following User Says Thank You to abubakar For This Useful Post:
I tried many operation systems like win 7 32 bit, xp 32 bit and ubuntu
it gives me the same result.
i tried to flash it on another labtop.. the same result..
and finally i tried to flash it on desktop.. and failed!
give me advice please
thanks for replying
well right now i really dont know whats going wrong here. Have you read other threads with similar problems and tried following them? For example

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49148 and
http://forums.internettablettalk.com...ad.php?t=57653

also, there is this bug reported with a problem like yours, with lots of comments in the same page, please try to follow them
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7433
although its for macosx i think, dont know if it will help you or not.

Maybe also try downloading the files again, the emmc and fiasco images. I have done the reflashing so many times, the only time I had problems it was the battery problem, so you make sure your battery is charged properly, just in case.

well right now i really dont know whats going wrong here. Have you read other threads with similar problems and tried following them? For example

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49148 and
http://forums.internettablettalk.com...ad.php?t=57653

also, there is this bug reported with a problem like yours, with lots of comments in the same page, please try to follow them
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7433
although its for macosx i think, dont know if it will help you or not.

Maybe also try downloading the files again, the emmc and fiasco images. I have done the reflashing so many times, the only time I had problems it was the battery problem, so you make sure your battery is charged properly, just in case.
Thanks for the quick reply!
i will try again.. then i will tell u..
and i've read most of these topics.. but i will try again

Tags
omg im blind, unleashed fury