Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
It's the new Commodore 64 tablet!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Don't think it's Else because of the Anna-looking icons with the squares with rounded edges. (Found in the "sneak-peek" video they posted)

But I did see the half-circle design elements of Else and they seem more than capable of pulling this off.

Last edited by jayhule; 2011-08-08 at 20:01. Reason: added where I saw the icons

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Answer me this... could Fusion Garage have built a MeeGo based tablet with a new UI based on technology that we've seen, but not for quite some time?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
http://www.firstelse.com & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1bwFD9bug "built from the ground up".... it´s Else´s UI for sure

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Please join us on Monday, August 15 at 9 a.m. (PT) as the man behind TabCo shows you the tablet you’ve been waiting for.

We promise, nothing will be left untold.
This event will be hosted on our UStream Channel.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tabco

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
first else is limo compliant, whatever that means.

http://www.limofoundation.org/
They seem less obsessed with having a proprietary framework than they used to be, but they are pretty much as anti-community as you can get without being totally closed source.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
They seem less obsessed with having a proprietary framework than they used to be, but they are pretty much as anti-community as you can get without being totally closed source.
And they have mostly shitty handsets. I thought that clamshell fad was mostly US some years ago, but it seems JP is crazy 'bout that too.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
And they have mostly shitty handsets. I thought that clamshell fad was mostly US some years ago, but it seems JP is crazy 'bout that too.
Japan has always been big on clamshells. Mostly, it seems that's what is preferred by the carriers so that's what gets made. Western-style smartphones are just catching on, as they're finally reaching the diversity that Japanese phones (which have always way too smart and exceedingly locked down and crippled) have had for some time now.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I like clamshells.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Looking pretty strongly like Else-derived UI, but backed by a big co. IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
fusion garage, grid 10, internet tablet, move along, nothing to see, tabco, tablet talk, whoistabco