Active Topics

Notices

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
urdu translation support ?
audio output possible ?

thanks for your work buddy ..jazakAllah

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
urdu translation support ?
audio output possible ?

thanks for your work buddy ..jazakAllah
Translations are on the way. We are discussing it already.

As for audio, it has to wait. I cannot implement 2 features at the same time. Also audio will make the application size huge so I have to think of a way. Suggestions ?

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
How about swiping from the bottom of the page for translation, and from the middle to switch from pages?
That could be confusing even for me. Holding the phone in portrait and swiping using the thumb might lead to inaccurate results.

I guess the best option is to use the buttons for translations and swiping for page switch.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Translations are on the way. We are discussing it already.

As for audio, it has to wait. I cannot implement 2 features at the same time. Also audio will make the application size huge so I have to think of a way. Suggestions ?
What I have seen being done is usually, the app and audio files are separate. The app can be current size, hosted in repos, while the audio can be hosted elsewhere, to be downloaded and placed in a particular folder, if required.

The advantage to this is, if the audio files follow a standard sequence of naming, maybe others can also upload different audio files with same standard naming for recital by different imams.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Why there's no landscape support? reading Quran in portrait on my N900 just feels so unnatural, could you add landscape support? jazzaka llaho khayrane

The Following User Says Thank You to slipkornsaad For This Useful Post:
Please dont forget persian (farsi) language ,if you want to add translation to your app . thanks in advance .

The Following User Says Thank You to bzbnd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
you now you can work the transition thingy like this .
this font size is easily readable or you can decrease it more .
Attached Images

@ejasmudar I really prefer the application downloading the audio files by itself if it cannot be packaged in a separate package. This makes it easy from the user POV.

@slipkornsaad There's no landscape because I thought portrait is more intuitive (I use it). Now I realize I am simply mistaken. I'll add a portrait option.

@bzbnd and the rest in need of translations: I'll use the translations from here http://tanzil.net/trans/ and there is Persian. No worries

@eefo Yes the font can be decreased but you are looking at the the first page of the first chapter and that's quite small.

I guess I'll start working on the QML ui first. It might produce something more colorful and it will ease the maintainability.

After that translations and recitations can be implemented.

Swipe will then be reserved for changing pages. Another way has to be found for switching between translations (Perhaps a button in the toolbar).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
@ejasmudar I really prefer the application downloading the audio files by itself if it cannot be packaged in a separate package. This makes it easy from the user POV.
Yes I can see your point about it being easier for the user. But my concern is, if it is a separate package in extras, the size of which would come to nearly 700MB, each time we reflash, the user would have to redownload it from the repos again.

But if you're making the audio files as downloadable from within the app itself and it would be permanently stored somewhere in the EMMC, that would work, even after reflashes.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
what about adding translation at the end in form of paragraph ?
this way you just have to decrease the space between lines to give space below for translation paragraph ?

p.s apology if this idea results in recompiling the program from the beginning :P

@ejasmudar Never thought of the download issues whenever someone reflashes. I haven't personally flashed it ever. Anyway, I'll keep the data somewhere underneath /home/user/MyDocs/

@eefo It won't be convenient. You have to scroll until the end to read the translation then scroll upwards again and you could easily lose the context.

I guess a button somewhere is the best approach. Once I figure out how the new UI would look like :|

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:

Tags
religulous