Notices

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Bradford, (England)
Is this to be compatible with live streaming ?

No-one seems to be posting much about BBC iplayer at the moment as I assume, like me, you've all been happy to click on the "play in pop-out" button and enjoy full playback on the N900.
However, after months of trouble-free viewing (and listening), I suddenly found that the browser was directing me to the bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer site which came up with the message "your phone is not supported". My bookmark has been www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer for months.
I had not updated any software on my phone, yet it insisted on taking me to the...\mobile\iplayer site.
I installed Firefox which duly took me to the page but then fails as soon as I click on the programme I want to watch or listen to as there is no flash support.
Have I inadvertently changed something in the browser?
I'm running CSSU latest version. The software update was Marble, but iplayer was working immediately after that.

The Following User Says Thank You to topscrote For This Useful Post:
Try checking your tweekflash settings have not reverted to froyo or another parameter

Edit: sorry I just checked too and I am getting the same thing.

Tried entering the latest flash player version manually into tweak flash but that did not work. It seems as though they have updated the site

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2011-08-05 at 08:18.

Originally Posted by topscrote View Post
No-one seems to be posting much about BBC iplayer at the moment as I assume, like me, you've all been happy to click on the "play in pop-out" button and enjoy full playback on the N900.
However, after months of trouble-free viewing (and listening), I suddenly found that the browser was directing me to the bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer site which came up with the message "your phone is not supported". My bookmark has been www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer for months.
I had not updated any software on my phone, yet it insisted on taking me to the...\mobile\iplayer site.
I installed Firefox which duly took me to the page but then fails as soon as I click on the programme I want to watch or listen to as there is no flash support.
Have I inadvertently changed something in the browser?
I'm running CSSU latest version. The software update was Marble, but iplayer was working immediately after that.
Same with me www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen still works for radio anyways

Originally Posted by WhereIstheBeer View Post
Same with me www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen still works for radio anyways
Ey up! this link works for me

Try manually entering the flash player version 10.3.60 in to tweak flash and try again. I'm watching Rosie right now

I got the main www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer back by changing the browser version

browse to about:config (see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...about%3Aconfig)

search for vendor

click then press enter on general.useragent.vendor

I changed mine to

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1

(from
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Gec...ring_reference)

I have no idea of the consequence on doing this

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhereIstheBeer For This Useful Post:
Seems like the BBC are continuing to force the use proprietory software on its licence payers. Great value! ahem!

Yes, using HideUserAgent and a desktop UA string seems to work for the time being. TweakFlash is fine with desktop version LNX 10.1.53

@WhereIsTheBeer - I couldn't get it to save doing it directly. Every time I restarted microB, the UA string reset. How did you manage to save it?

Mostly I use get_iplayer and listen/watch offline: there's nothing worse than stuttery playback! However, sometimes I need to look through the site to get programme IDs, URIs or just see what might be worth watching / listening to.

I know it's a bit naughty to cross post but I've been trying to get better quality playback of videos, which have been recorded with get_iplayer. If anyone has any thoughts, please have a look.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-08-05 at 17:47.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Seems like the BBC are continuing to force the use proprietory software on its licence payers. Great value! ahem!
getiplayer is FOSS and works fine, so they're not.

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
Offtopic.How can i find the url of streaming radio?I tried in many ways in vain.Most of the sites let me listen through their website.currently i am running ubuntu 11.04 in my computer.what i badly need is urls of some of the radio stations of my native language,so that i ll add them to media player in N900
Thanks

Last edited by udaychaitanya16; 2011-08-05 at 19:09.

Originally Posted by demolition View Post

Yes, using HideUserAgent and a desktop UA string seems to work for the time being. TweakFlash is fine with desktop version LNX 10.1.53

@WhereIsTheBeer - I couldn't get it to save doing it directly. Every time I restarted microB, the UA string reset. How did you manage to save it?

Mostly I use get_iplayer and listen/watch offline: there's nothing worse than stuttery playback! However, sometimes I need to look through the site to get programme IDs, URIs or just see what might be worth watching / listening to.

I know it's a bit naughty to cross post but I've been trying to get better quality playback of videos, which have been recorded with get_iplayer. If anyone has any thoughts, please have a look.

In the end I installed "Hide User Agent" from extras-devel, its not exactly toggling browser but seems to work